Your First Drive

• Creator
    Topic
  • #174017 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

So you pick up your new car, pay attention to the handover which seems a blur and you head out into the wilderness.

Where do you go on your first drive?

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174019 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Home?

#174020 Reply
    Ditch

Petrol station ⛽

#174022 Reply
    Carmad
    Participant

Home, but, I’ve normally a destination in mind that will be out ‘running in’ trip.  I’m relatively close to the Scottish Highlands so recent destinations have been Inverary and the last one was Fort William at 3 days old.

#174024 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Normally home…except the S-Max, July 2018. We went straight to Edinburgh from the dealer in Forfar to drop my wife off at a hotel  – she was staying there a few weeks to bond/train her new guide dog.

I was allowed to visit for a wee while once a week, with a meal for us all at the end.

This July I collected the Soul EV and went home. We went for a drive the next day though – Glen Esk  to walk the dogs.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#174026 Reply
    Paul

Straight to nearest bank,to rob it to cover AP cost.

#174027 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Petrol station then home then an hour or two sat on the drive making sure I’ve got my head around how everything works and everything is working as it should. Connect my phone to the car and that I’m getting all of the on line services into the cars infotainment centre including the most important live traffic updates.

As my next car is scheduled to be delivered late Spring or sometime in the Summer there will be many trips planned along with the annual holiday so trips there will be but the way thing are I’m not sure if there going to be in my old car or the new one so trips in a new car is right out of mind at this moment in time.

#174139 Reply
    X

KFC drive through

#174143 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

KFC drive through

Gets my vote!!

Mazda CX5 is my DD

#174151 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Home, picking up on all the bits I don’t like as I go! 😂

#174153 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i was already at home when i got it so i went for a non escript drive about to aquaint myself with car and put some miles on clock so i could try out filling it up with electricity.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174180 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Picked up the Tarraco from a dealership 85 miles away, well they did offer me a £300 discount!!

Spent the whole journey back trying to remember how to switch the bloody lane assist off.  M23, M25 and A1M, that’s a lot of white line lane makers to cross and remembering to indicate every time!!

#174289 Reply
    Carmad
    Participant

KFC drive through

No,no, never!  No eating in the car until I forget the self imposed food ban 😁

#174308 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

I’ve taken the approach of find dealers that are about an hour away from my house. It gives me plenty of time to get used to the car and what all the buttons do. The alternative is a closer dealer and a drive over the Dukes pass in the Trossachs which is a very fun road that feels like the Alps at times.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#174314 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I partly chose my current car as the dealership is 100 yards up the road. A week after picking up the car, they went bust. The drive home was uneventful!

Next car is coming from Carlisle which is about 35 miles. I can see a blast up the motorway and then home via the Dalveen Pass.

Mazda CX5 is my DD

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Your First Drive
Your information: