WPMS renewals.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mitch 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #82955 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

As a WPMS customer due to renew for the first time next month, I was told that during the ordering process at the dealers, a page opens up asking about grants that have previously been awarded for adaptations such as automatic gearboxes. If the page is ticked, this grant is automatically renewed.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Current car: Kia Sportage 2.0 KX3 CRDI AWD auto.

Coming soon: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #82958 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@bigdave @mitch

Experts in WPMS

#82960 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

If I remember rightly, when the dealer is going through the order with you and entering it into the computer, there is a ‘ticky box’ about adaptions/aids (which incorporates auto transmission).

When the dealer puts the tick in, it opens up another page and from there dealer inputs the details.

Providing the details (auto-box etc) are the same as before, it just goes straight through without problem including the auto transmission grant and any other aids/adaption grants as previously ordered.

In anycase, if you order an auto on WPMS and you/the dealer forgets about this at input stage, Veterans UK do write to you with a reminder of entitlement to aids/adaptions etc.

If you do have any pre/post order queries about the grants etc give Veterans UK a call and ask to speak with the Supplimentary Allowances team who are really helpful.

Dave

Edit, just to add, I believe a few months ago, Motability dealers have gone onto a new version of their Online Applications system. It should still be the same in anycase, but my renewal was on the older system. If the dealer doesn’t mention aids/adaptions when inputting your order give him/her a nudge. In anycase Veterans UK still write to you about aids/adaptions in anycase.

Dave

#82961 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

That’s what I thought. Thanks for the information, it’s very useful.

#82967 Reply

mitch
    Participant

if youve been given the grant towards an auto box previously you dont have to apply again merely make sure that the dealer ticks the auto box box under adaptions needed and you should receive your chq with the gcb. or shortly thereafter. if its the first time youve applied it wont hurt just to ring motability grants dept just to give them a nudge after handover. enjoy.

#82968 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

if youve been given the grant towards an auto box previously you dont have to apply again merely make sure that the dealer ticks the auto box box under adaptions needed and you should receive your chq with the gcb. or shortly thereafter. if its the first time youve applied it wont hurt just to ring motability grants dept just to give them a nudge after handover. enjoy.

Thanks.

#83034 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

One additional question, if I purchase a car with an engine/gearbox combination that only comes in auto (as is the case with the C5 Aircross 1.6 petrol) would I still be eligible for the grant?

#83056 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i assume so as i asked about the bmw i3 as i am considering it next and as its electric its only auto and they said yes it would qualify for the full £660,

ap is £893 i think for the base model.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: WPMS renewals.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: