Would it be good if?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #180892 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Would it not be good if the car you have on order the factory was honest in telling the dealer when and if your car is going to be built as at the moment it seems like excuse the pun Russian roulette as to when you may get your car and even is it going to be cancelled.All Motability can tell me is if you could find a suitable car in stock maybe a cancelled order then you can do it, well this maybe a problem if you have a grant in place as you would then need to go through the whole grant application and a new motability order, is it not so frustrating if you also do not have a car and are new to the scheme.I know that you cannot blame the dealers although why can they not get in touch with the factory and just find out whether the car is being built if the factory has shut down it would be so good if we had a bit of hope, i think really we should blame the Manufacture’s and Factory to get real honest news but will that happen i do not think so.

tim

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #180894 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Just had a thought would this have happened many years ago the Semi Conductor shortage as all Car manufacturer’s use the Japanese  just in time way of building cars and have only the low stock of certain parts due to cost.

tim

#180895 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

I maybe paranoid but i was thinking how do any of us know if our orders are going to a retail customer as we do not have a hold on the dealers like a reserve my car legally do we, one dealer told me that they can make more money on selling a car than on motability so we do not know if we have been pushed aside as we say nothing or hear anything from the dealer as i do not want to be a pest.

tim

#180896 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I maybe paranoid but i was thinking how do any of us know if our orders are going to a retail customer as we do not have a hold on the dealers like a reserve my car legally do we, one dealer told me that they can make more money on selling a car than on motability so we do not know if we have been pushed aside as we say nothing or hear anything from the dealer as i do not want to be a pest.

We dont and are at the mercy of of the dealers hoping they will play fair. Given the current circumstances I think this has come to the front of many mb customers minds and for good reason.

When I signed the paperwork/contract with the dealer when I placed my order, there a clause within it “Time is not of the essence” within it it goes on to say “the dealer shall not be obliged to fulfil orders in which they are place”

#180897 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Dave blue if you have a grant but find a suitable stick car give them a call and they will even confirm the car with dealer  to make sure you can in fact get it before putting current order at risk. They are extremely helpful and put us in a new order within 24 hours when we found a stock car and knocked a potential 18 months off the delivery time.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Windy.
    #180900 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Hi Windy no they will not all ready asked them they told me to wait for my current order if you find another suitable car that is of a different make then you will have to go through the grant process application again and also the AP maybe higher that your current order and also motability will have to restart a order it is all too much stress to do this.

tim

#180902 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

That’s a pity as they did for us only 4 months ago took the stressfromit as well sorry it isbt the same for you

#180903 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Hi Windy who did you contact did you find out if there was a car in stock? and then contact motability and also the grants team was it the same cost of your car your had to cancel?

tim

#180905 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Hi we contacted both and you have one person in grants team that looks after you. The car was a different model and price fortunately my wife has severe cognitive issues with the MS and sometimes I reckon they just want rid of her but this is what we have now and well pleased with it

#180913 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Hi Windy you must have got a good one i just spoke with the grants and although it was not the lady that has dealt with my grant it was a man who said to me everyone is in the same vote as you with your order and even if a car was available straight away we would not up the grant to the one that is available i was very upset by his attitude i asked him to contact the lady that was dealing with my grant and he seemed to could not care less.

tim

#180914 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Dave blue I suppose 6 months has seen the situation get even worse and staff must be under immense pressure trouble is we are all individuals and they have to individually deal with us. I hope you can get it sorted soon

#180916 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Hi Windy i spoke with a lady now at motability and she has semi sorted out there end and then put me in touch with grants team who the manager i need to speak with has gone home for the day and will call me on monday to see if they can up the grant and not to cancel or place order with the dealer that has the car i want on site.So i am in a delemmer motability says i can cancel my car that has not been built and put it through with the dealer but i am worried the car maybe sold over the weekend  do i gamble and put a small deposit on it or hold out for monday when the car may have gone.

tim

#180920 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hi Windy i spoke with a lady now at motability and she has semi sorted out there end and then put me in touch with grants team who the manager i need to speak with has gone home for the day and will call me on monday to see if they can up the grant and not to cancel or place order with the dealer that has the car i want on site.So i am in a delemmer motability says i can cancel my car that has not been built and put it through with the dealer but i am worried the car maybe sold over the weekend do i gamble and put a small deposit on it or hold out for monday when the car may have gone.

@daveblue
    I dont know if this helps but I had a grant allocated of £999 but the cars they offered were no good for us, so I just placed an order on the car I wanted with an AP of £2099 at the end of Dec before the price increase in q1. Anyhow a manager from the grants team took over my case in Jan aware I’d placed the order and after some toing and froming stating exactly what I needed and why the cars they offered weren’t suitable. In the end the manager would not up my grant from £999 but allowed me to have the car I wanted leaving me £1100 to find which was better than nothing.

#180922 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Many thanks for your help i will let you know what happens after the grant’s manager contacts me on Monday and at the weekend the car the dealer has maybe sold.

tim

#180924 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Dave blue I wouldn’t jump the gun with any deposit or hold but have a word with dealer making sure he will sell to Motability  and that he will hold on until it’s all sorted on Monday also if it’s not nearby, that he will take order over the  phone encourage him that the grants team will be involved,  that way you  can call the grants team on Monday and get it all sorted the cancellation of old order and instigation  of new,  will be quickly done for you I am sure.

good luck and keep us all informed

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Would it be good if?
Your information: