who likes chicken ???

• Creator
    Topic
  • #135354 Reply
    dave

I love chicken what about yourselfs ????

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135358 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

WMC, please delete.

#135360 Reply
    Ali

i love chicken

#135361 Reply
    martinod

wigwam why delete do you not like chicken,

i use to keep chickens in my garden i had 6 all with names, fresh eggs every morning .

#135366 Reply
    Lou

Chicken is life…peace!

p.s I love it grilled, especially the finger lickin good stuff 😜

#135369 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

wigwam why delete do you not like chicken, i use to keep chickens in my garden i had 6 all with names, fresh eggs every morning .

wow that’s great the amount of times I’ve lifted my China chicken lid, uh uh no eggs..

#135370 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

I love chicken what about yourselfs ????

Dave try posting this in the off topic section, maybe it won’t ruffle any feathers then, great topic wrong section mate..🐓

#135371 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

WMC, please delete.

Or maybe simply move to off topic…

#135447 Reply
    JS
    #135494 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, assuming this thread is not a “sleeper” which  is going to erupt into a blatter or adverts and/or become a troll nightmare, may I say that yes. I do like chicken. Just about to “roast” one in terracotta pot and serve with roasties of several descriptions, green beans and creamy bread sauce.

Best chicken recipe? Hmmm. Fond of coq au vin but top of list has got to be jerk chicken even though I do have to make me own marinade paste now than Levi Root has stopped doing his excellent little jars of the stuff.

#135872 Reply
    machoco

Technically the cooking technique over wood makes it jerk chicken not the marinade so its jerk style chicken 😉

#135888 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Didn’t know that, machoco. Does that definition apply to cooking over charcoal? It used to be wood, after all. At present, will confine myself to blasting it with kitchen blowtorch before serving! Whatever, too damn cold to cook over anything outside at the moment. Looking forward to better weather…

#135920 Reply
    machoco

i believe  as what my jamaican friend said to me that its the specific wood used basically and its normally on open bbq as in jamaica they just use any old rack and a steel drum.

for us in chilly blighty in the oven will do nicely!

#136724 Reply
    Georgie

Love chicken: Sunday roast with all the trimmings is probably my favourite, but Southern Fried, Chinese Curry, Indian Curry . . .  We had Chicken Tikka Masala yesterday with rice and naan.

I’m going to make Coronation Chicken sarnies for lunch today, as it happens – I cooked the chicken breasts earlier and now they’re cooling in the kitchen.

#136789 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

As we are keeping strict social distancing we had our granddaughter’s birthday on Sunday with the wife and I sat in the car on my daughter’s drive , ( just like Christmas Day ) and the others in their house looking at us through the window , and we had Zoom running , watching each other eating some fabulous Nando’s Double Chicken Pittas ,with a variety of different Peri Peri sauces and Peri salted chips, followed by a variety of deserts and a little later some Birthday Cake and Nespresso.

The wife loved the whole meal, but it was too much for her and she couldn’t finish her chicken, so guess what I had when we arrived home?

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#136989 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I love chicken Kiev in garlic sauce

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#136990 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Wigwam don’t you like a roast chicken Sunday dinner with stuffing and cabbage

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#137020 Reply
    Georgie

Looks like we had better start stock-piling decent quality chickens now, too.  Despite repeated reassurances from Boris that Food Standards would not be lowered post-Brexit the Government repeatedly refused to convert that ‘promise’ into Law, and Lo!  Last night the House of Lords bid to retain Food and Safety Standards was defeated and Britain is now free to import lower quality food from anywhere thanks to our wonderful new Trade Deals with ‘The Rest of the World’.  Get ready for the return of the Chinese chickens pumped with water (that we successfully banned), and American-sourced chickens that have been rinsed in chemicals to make up for poor quality animal care during their lifetimes – i.e. chlorine, peracetic acid,  cetylpyridinium chloride, acidified sodium chlorite . . .

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: who likes chicken ???
Your information: