When is the summer starting?

• This topic has 27 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Another miserable day one of many. I can’t remember two good days in a row yetπŸ˜”

I will be checking my solar output at the end of this month for my quarterly feed-in tariff payment and I’m expecting the out put to be way down on last year πŸ˜”

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Its wet, windy and bloody cold, which is playing havoc with my Raynauds!

I wonder if we will get an Indian summer?

Brydo
        Participant

@Kezo you had me chocking on myChocopologie truffle before i googled ranaulds πŸ˜‚

Phaedra
          Participant

My doctor says I’m too poor for Raynauds, I just have freezing cold hands πŸ™‚

Started noticing it about a year ago, my daughter has it with both hands and feet.

I’m using compression gloves from Amazon, they also help with the broken fingers mobility.

As for Summer?, your guess is as good as mine!, mind you the BBC weather forecast for here has been spectacularly wrong all week!, forecast thunder storms, lightning and p-ing down all Tues, Weds and Thurs, in reality not a sausage!Β  It was cold but bright and sunny!.Β  I sometimes wonder if they ever look out the window to actually see what’s it’s like outside in the real world?

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

I’m sick of it I should be in shorts in June not trousers and jacket !

Brydo
              Participant

Just looked at the forecast for the next two weeks in my area. Rain every day and not a day over 19*C. I’m not a fan of very high temperatures, low to mid-20 is fine by me, but we had the heating on last week.

BearHardy
                Participant
                  Jojoe
                  Participant

We’ve just got back from a week in Cornwall, the weather was great, not exactly balls of sunshine but pleasant 20c with no rain and only a bit of wind all week. It had rained in the morning before we got there last Saturday and it rained late yesterday afternoon as we packed the car to leave.

Ele
                    Participant
                      Brydo
                      Participant

Nice here today, washing done and out on the line.

DumfriesDik
                        Participant

It’s beach weather here today, well above 10 degrees I’d say and no gritters out.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Participant

I have it on good authority that summer 2024 will be on Tuesday!

Brydo
                            Participant

I’m getting the ice cubes ready for the bath, 23*C tomorrow πŸ˜“

Brydo
                              Participant

Overcast and 18*C what happened to 23*C

Participant

Overcast and 18*C what happened to 23*C

25 and sunny here!

Participant

And here gorgeous

Brydo
                                    Participant

The English are stealing our sun πŸ”†, once we get independence we will have our own sun πŸ˜‚πŸ˜“

Participant

Nicolas got her own sun from her villa in the south of France πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Brydo
                                        Participant

My invite must have got lost in the post Mike lol

BigDave
                                          Participant

Now both the hay and the huge second cut silage crop are in, we could now do with a steady 30ml of rain every day for a few days, together with warm but overcast conditions to bring on the cereal crops, particularly the winter wheat and spring barley, and stop them ripening too early (and thus being too immature giving a lesser quality and yield).

It would also refresh the pasture grass which the cattle and sheep are happily munching away on.

I see down in East Anglia they have already had to start irrigating their tuber (spuds) and beet crops.

Some rain isn’t a bad thing at this time of year!

Come late July and August and early September we need what we currently have – hot sunny days for a dry harvest!

Jojoe
                                            Participant

The English are stealing our sun πŸ”†, once we get independence we will have our own sun πŸ˜‚πŸ˜“

I always find September is a good month in the Highlands and Islands for the sun. We regularly visited Skye and always got good weather in September.

Participant

32 and red hot here today!

Brydo
                                                Participant

Overcast, showers and 19*C

Brydo
                                                  Participant

9*C, raining, windy and heating is on πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

I have just ordered a king size warm blanket for my bedroom from Amazon ….. on July 3rd!

kezo
                                                      Participant

Not got heating on but, wearing winter dressing gown.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.