VW ID.4

• Creator
    Topic
    MB5

Hi all,

I am due to change my car in October this year, so ordering around July. I have noticed the VW ID.4 order book is now open, with first deliveries possibly not too far away. Is anyone aware of any news as to whether it will be coming to the scheme?

Price-wise, the first edition has over 300 miles range and is £40,800, which is outside of the government grant range but cheaper than the longer range ID.3 currently on the scheme, the Tour Pro S, which comes is at £42,290 and is £4,500 AP.

Any news would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Hello Michael,
        Ready to embrace your all-electric driving future? Perfect timing. The ID.4 1STEdition is open for order, available from £609 per month* on a Lease&Care agreement, with a £3,654 Initial Rental.

Combining power with sustainability, the 1ST Edition includes a whole host of pioneering features:
        • 20” Drammen alloys
        • 10” Discover Pro navigation
        • Adaptive cruise control and Lane Assist
        • Optional tow bar
        • Heated vegan-leather seats
        • Made and delivered net carbon neutral**

Capable of up to 310 miles*** (WLTP) on a single charge, you can spend more time driving, less time charging. Ask your Retailer about experiencing the ID.4 1ST Edition today.

Participant

Received this email at 1943- maybe the car will be too expensive for Motability, for this year????

YorkMan
          Participant

@MB5 – this is why we are extending our lease another year (with the ability to start another lease anytime during that year) – there are so many EV’s coming out at the end of this year.

I have looked at the ID.3 which is very tempting but the boot is too small (about 375L?) I don’t know why they made it that small with all the extra room they have on the EV platform, especially as they have a “tourer” version.

I have my eye on the Kia EV6, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Nissan Ariya and VW ID.4 – I expect possibly only the ID. 4 and the Nissan Ariya will be available on Motability, I have seen some price specs for the Ariya at under £40,000 (just) but these are the shorter range models.

It’s worth considering extending for another year.

MB5

I’m hopeful on the ID.4 as the price of the first edition is lower than a number of ID.3 models on sale. I like the look of the ID.3 but the seats look like they lack side support, in comparison with the ID.4, which probably rules it out. All 3 others you mention look good options and I think will come to the scheme as prices fall generally.

Fingers crossed!

MB5

*when I say “on sale”, I mean “on the scheme” – apologies.

Participant

Just received an email from VW – new models  , different power units etc., and prices around £40 k to start.Wouldn’t mind betting that they will introduce a couple of deals on Motability very shortly?

Richard

Liked the idea of the ID cars but & I know it’s a tiny niggle but it’s really put me off. The “shift” button for the window controls because you only get 2 switches & the stupid touch slide controls for heating, volume etc. I’m sure those aren’t enough to put most off but I was quite interested up to that point call me a luddite but physical heater controls MINIMUM for me & cutting 2 switches off for windows seems a bit cheap?

Really like the Ioniq 5 but I reckon we’re a year away from seeing that on the scheme its too sexy & knowing what happened to the Kona to start with huge waits I suspect it won’t go straight on.

Some very exciting cars due out over the next 12 months that’s for sure, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Actually saw an id4 today local dealer had one but no id3 which was odd.

Participant

Two more versions available to order in May

These lower powered battery and motor combinations have a (combined) WLTP range of around 210 miles. They will be available as a Pure battery and motor combination (52kWh, 148PS) and a more powerful Pure Performance battery and motor combination (52kWh, 170PS). There’ll be more information about these new versions soon.

.Motability ??

Rico

Hate yo burst the bubble here but I think on ev’s motavility need the lowest base model to be below the 35k mark to make it on the scheme, the only reason a 42k  model is on there id3 wise is because there is a base model below the 35k mark…. and the ev6 I think is going to be kia stinger price range so don’t gold your breath on that one… enayq might make it but as I see with current skoda prices and trim I will be super shocked to see long range one make it on l

Richard

I think when the fill range launches there will be an ID4 at that price range. At present it’s just the first launch model with loads of extras but I think I read there’ll be a much cheaper version with a smaller battery etc coming out when the full range launches, I could be wrong though but I could’ve sworn I heard that somewhere

Participant

I think when the fill range launches there will be an ID4 at that price range. At present it’s just the first launch model with loads of extras but I think I read there’ll be a much cheaper version with a smaller battery etc coming out when the full range launches, I could be wrong though but I could’ve sworn I heard that somewhere[/

Copied from the email VW sent me yesterday –

There are three new specification levels available on the Pro Performance battery and motor combination (77kWh, 204PS) – delivering up to an impressive 323 mile (combined) WLTP range**. Prices start from £41,570 with the Life specification level.
                            Two more versions available
                            to order in May

These lower powered battery and motor combinations have a (combined) WLTP range of around 210 miles. They will be available as a Pure battery and motor combination (52kWh, 148PS) and a more powerful Pure Performance battery and motor combination (52kWh, 170PS). There’ll be more information about these new versions soon.

MB5

Interesting developments, Mike – thanks for that.

Fingers crossed indeed – thanks Richard. The stories of the controls and software glitches in VW cars and particularly the ID.3 are not very appealing, but hopefully a few updates will solve the issues.

Rico – I take your point, but I think Motability has since clarified that the £35k limit is not absolute and is one of a range of factors they take into account. I would still be hopeful it will make it onto the scheme. The Skoda Enyaq should anyway, and some would argue it the better car for the money. Interesting times ahead!

Participant

There is no doubt that the Enyaq has already & will continue to have keener pricing up front than the ID.4, but this is likely to be offset a bit in the overall costing to Motability, by a lesser future value when it comes to disposal.

I agree that the Enyaq seems to be better value than the ID.4, and It really does look nicer, so who knows?

The overall costing can only be a ‘guesstimate’ at this time ( new untried and untested model, with new technology) so probably only one or two versions of either car will be considered by Motability, and they will be at ‘special’ prices no doubt to get sales moving for VAG ,which seems to have happened with the ID.3?

Keep fingers crossed for something in the summer quarter?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.