Tiguan Delays

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166601 Reply
    Mark

Hi all

Just ordered a 1.5 TSI DSG R Line with keyless entry and electric boot have been told 6 Months minimum.

has anyone been told a less time.

Thank you in advance

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166614 Reply
    wadey1457
    Participant

you will be lucky to get it in 6 months.more like 10 months why things are at min

#166615 Reply
    kbfern

25-30 weeks min for all VW cars is what I am hearing, I ordered an ID4 a couple of weeks back and told 20-25 weeks min + shipping time from the factory about 3-4 weeks.

If it comes sooner count yourself lucky.

#166616 Reply
    wadey1457
    Participant

orded gtd in april told week 46 now after being told loades off othere weeks but dont think ill see it this year like many who have orded vw

#166621 Reply
    Mikey16

Tiguan 1.5 tsi dsg Elegance.

Ordered June 2021 build date now January 2022.

#166622 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Mark

I’ve got an appointment tomorrow for ordering an R-Line and expecting at least 6 months.

I would of preferred the Elegance and have made it a condition that if the Elegance does turn up I can switch to that model or the All-Space should that one arrive and I can afford the AP. That will of course reset the waiting time clock should I switch but not too bothered about that.

They told me there expecting the All-Space to return to Motability before the years out but have heard nothing of the Elegance trim.

#166623 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

VW delivery times were 6 months, two years ago, more like 9-12 in the current circumstances.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#166624 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Tiguan users forum are saying 6 months for delivery but who knows what the dealers knows as I think they are in much the dark as we are.

Not a problem for me this change over as the car I have is perfectly serviceable for my needs and I’m ordering now because looking at the worlds of commodities there’s only one way AP’s are going to be going in future but at least I’ve now got a fixed price for my car and can always cancel and reorder should prices go down but with the possibility of a world recession coming soon I don’t think they will be going down anytime soon.

Hope I’m wrong but thing look glumly for at lease a year or so from my point of view.

#166625 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Tiguan users forum are saying 6 months for delivery but who knows what the dealers knows as I think they are in much the dark as we are. Not a problem for me this change over as the car I have is perfectly serviceable for my needs and I’m ordering now because looking at the worlds of commodities there’s only one way AP’s are going to be going in future but at least I’ve now got a fixed price for my car and can always cancel and reorder should prices go down but with the possibility of a world recession coming soon I don’t think they will be going down anytime soon. Hope I’m wrong but thing look glumly for at lease a year or so from my point of view.

Unfortunately I think the future is looking gloomy, full stop. A VW dealer told me they hope things could be back to normal in the new year. A vague statement!

#166626 Reply
    Phil

Ordered Tiguan elegance July 21st. ( last day before taken off the scheme) told maybe January might be a possibility but things might change. Not had an update from dealer for over a month so don’t think they even know. hey ho will be worth waiting however long it may be.

Phil

#166630 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

If it’s any help, I ordered a T-Roc on June 6. It was “made” last week and is now sitting somewhere waiting for chippery to arrive. With at least five weeks from on-ship to pick-up, I’m going to be lucky to get it before xmas. So on average I’d say you’re looking at six months minimum from order to dealer. That said, have heard of others who got their T-Rocs in three months or less. Try checking out a Tiguan owners forum, bound to be some info there/

#166640 Reply
    James cheer

Ordered the id3 today told my date is 23 april doubt it but we’ll see

#166727 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Just an update after ordering an R-Line yesterday.

Dealer also told me 6 months, April 22 and within 2 hours of leaving the showroom my order was showing in my Motability account.

Motability have e-mailed me all the T&C of the agreement including the PIN and noticed in that it says “rental period commencing 04/05/2022” so looks like Motability have been told end of April too.

On another point of interest as I intend to switch to the Elegance should it turn up on Motability before the date of build for the R-Line and was told the R-Line 1.5TSi was getting a priority over the Elegance because the Elegance has two extra microchips over the R-Line so if there’s any truth in that anyone with an Elegance on order will wait longer than anyone who orders an R-Line.

Could of just been told that to discourage me from changing my order so who knows.

…and yet another point of interest while I was in the showroom taking measurement for my scooter I noticed a VW iD4 and it looks massive and for a second there thought, I,I, I might change my mind about my order if my scooter fits in the back of the iD4 but unfortunate like many cars its boot was more or less the same size as the SWB Tiguan except it does not have the option of sliding the rear seats forward for that extra bit of boot space but I must admit I was surprise how big that EV is.

#166764 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I have an ID.4 on order, with no build date yet, because we are looking at a cancelled order or similar, with the option of swopping to an ID.3.

Before ordering my Tiguan in 2018(there was a 36-38 week lead time then,so long lead times are commonplace ) I looked at boot sizes on SUV’s, & MPV’s ( not all of which are/ were available via Motability but I included them for comparison ) It was interesting to find that some large cars have similar sized boots to the Tiguan-

These are the maximum capacities with rear seat back still up – some have sliding rear seats , like the Tiguan which gives it a variable and flexible size range e.g. 520-615 .

• Kia Sorento – 660 litres. …
    • BMW X1 – 420-515…
    • BMW X5 – 650 litres…
    • BMW Active Tourer 5 Seats- 400-468…
    • BMW Gran Tourer 7 Seats – 560-720…
    • Jaguar F-Pace – 650 litres. …
    • Mercedes GLE Coupe – 650 litres. …
    • Toyota Land Cruiser – 621 litres. …
    • VW Tiguan – 520- 615 litres. …
    • Ford Edge – 602 litres. …
    • Jeep Cherokee – 591 litres…
    • Peugeot 5008 – 702-780…
    • Peugeot 3008 – 513-520
    • Seat Attica- 485 -510

The 5008 won hands down with the third row folded flat ie as a 5 seater, but my son had one and it really was a bit ‘clunky’ looking, at the rear end.

The ID4 capacity is around 540 litres

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#166781 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Mike

These litres figures that manufacturers use for boot space are almost meaningless for me and wished they’d use length, width and height along side the volume measurement.

Boot space has been a bit of a worry for me since I ordered the car last Thursday?

Back at the beginning of July I went to my VW dealers to measure the length of the Tiguan boot with the double bench back seat side forward and I measured 41” and I thought, great my scooter just fits so I’m all set to go.

Turned up at the dealer to order Thursday and while there double checked my previous measurement of 41” and now I’m scratching my head because there measurements are saying 38”.

I asked them to check that the back seat was going fully forward as the mechanism on these things are very tight, they so say rechecked and still confirmed the boot is 38” and yet two independent YouTube reviewers have stated the seat goes forward 180mm or as near as dammit 7” and if so would makes the boot 41” long.

Thankfully one of my grandsons who works for a prep firm for second-hand motors was working today and had a Tiguan in being readied for sale so he checked the boot space and how far forward that seats slides and, yes, they slide forward 180mm and I was correct, it’s 41”overall.

My new motto is “trust my measurements and don’t trust the dealer to do it for you”.😁

• This reply was modified 6 days, 14 hours ago by ChrisK.
    #166792 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I really do agree!

Far better to ‘do it yourself’ if you can?

I have found that the flexibility of the sliding, reclining rear seats to be really useful, not only in the boot area , which also has an adjustment height floor, but for rear seat passengers, especially having picnic tables as well!

I don’t need a big car now, and don’t travel long distances very often , but seat height from the ground is important and both the Id3 & 4 are fairly close the the Tiguan – my seat is set just above half way in the Tiguan

#166826 Reply
    Mm5

Ordered seat tarraco fr 2.0 tsi  June 5th, pick up next week

#166832 Reply
    Rach

I ordered Vw GTD in April still waiting for a build date..prob gonna be new Yr by looks of it

#166838 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have to agree that using boot capacity as a comparison between cars is hugely misleading (even though I have done it myself). We have recently moved from a VW Tiguan to a BMW X1. Looking at the official stats, the Tiguan boot is far bigger but, in reality, the X1 boot is far more practical and feels a lot bigger when it comes to usable space.

My wife has a wheelchair which I remove the footrests and seat cushion from and then fold in half and lift into the boot. In the Tiguan it was a real squeeze and would often stop the auto tailgate from closing. In the end I had to roll the rear seat bench forward slightly and put the back rests slightly more upright to avoid this. In the X1 we don’t have sliding rear seats so they are fixed. The backrest angles are adjustable but I have them in the most reclined position. In spite of this, the wheelchair goes in with room to spare. In addition, under the boot floor in the X1 there is an absolutely huge compartment that is almost like a second boot. I don’t think that this is calculated in the load area as it is below the load floor. It is about a foot deep and runs the whole width of the boot and at least two thirds of the length. I have loads of stuff in there, leaving the main boot clear for the wheelchair. In the Tiguan there was no usable space at all under the boot floor.

The Tiguan is a couple of inches taller than the Tiguan, so the extra capacity on paper is probably due to that and that’s space we never use. So on paper we have a smaller boot but in reality it feels a lot bigger and is far more user friendly. As others have said, the key is to check the dimensions and get a decent test drive to see how what you need to carry around fits.

#166841 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

RIDC

Best for measurements inc length/width/ height of boot.

#166864 Reply
    Bri53

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I ordered an Elegance on the 29th of April was expecting it August and no sign of it at all.</p>

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Tiguan Delays
Your information: