Tiguan Delays

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166601 Reply
    Mark

Hi all

Just ordered a 1.5 TSI DSG R Line with keyless entry and electric boot have been told 6 Months minimum.

has anyone been told a less time.

Thank you in advance

Viewing 14 replies - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #178680 Reply
    Colleen

Ordered Tiguan Elegance June 9th 2021 had several build dates given last one is now build date week 11 2022😡

#178681 Reply
    Colleen

Ordered Elegance June 2021, being told build date now is March 2022. Will it ever materialise.

#178721 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Colleen

If the dealer is correct and its week 11 that’s only a couple of weeks away so should be a definite build date, well let’s hope so.

#178950 Reply
    Sabrina

Hi I ordered mine June 6th 2021 was told September, november, January, February I was just told by video message from dealer going into production built week 12 mid March and should get it 6/8 weeks after that fingers cross getting bored of this now.  This car better be worth all this wait

#180461 Reply
    Taz

Hi, My partner ordered my Tiguan R-line 1.4 hybrid in November 2021, I’ve been sent an email stating the car could take upto 50 weeks. Theoretically another whole year, contemplating to cancel the order.

So if anyone has been told otherwise I would suggest to get them to tell you the correct information.

#180474 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

It’s a whole lot of a mess at VW and I’ve read that hybrids are being put on hold for the rest of this year and maybe longer. The excuse this time is the EU are going to re-evaluate all hybrids including plug-ins because they say they cause more CO2 than ordinary petrol or diesel cars yet get a tax advantage. I think the hybrid cancelations is a worst set back than the year I’m waiting for my Tiguan and don’t know what to suggest in view that there’s little else to choose from on Motability at this moment in time. The EU excuse is on top of the chip and Russian excuses.😢

On another matter of delays at VW I’ve read yesterday that VW are stopping some options on some models including the Tiguan and one of those is an option I’m paying extra for (IQ-Lights) but they remain as standard equipment on the Elegance but not able to order as an extra on the R-Line for the time being however lucky for myself current options already ordered will be fulfilled.

The thinking behind the option exclusions is to help move existing orders forward and giving them more chips to meet current orders.

Options closed for ordering from 16/03/22, these are add on option but OME should still remain as ordered and options ordered before 16 March should be OK…I hope.😊

Up no change

e-Up no change

T-Cross Sound system BeatsAudio

Taigo IQ Lights

T-Roc IQ Drive pack incl. semi-automatic driving assistance, travel assist.

T-Roc Sound system BeatsAudio

T-Roc LED Performance Headlights

T-Roc IQ Lights

T-Roc Easy open package with safelock

Polo Sound system BeatsAudio

Golf LED Matrix headlights

Golf Illuminated grill

Golf Harman Kardon Sound system

Golf Side assistance including folding door mirrors

Golf Estate LED Matrix headlights

Golf Estate Illuminated grill

Golf Estate Harman Kardon Sound system

Golf Estate Side assistance including folding door mirrors

ID.3 No change

ID.4 Driver assistance pack plus

ID.4 Design package / Design package plus

ID.4 Comfort packae plus

ID.4 Infotainment package plus

ID.5 No chage

Touran Electric boot lid

Touran Dynaudio sound system

Tiguan Harman Kardon Sound system

Tiguan Driver assistance pack plus

Tiguan IQ Lights

All-Space Harman Kardon Sound system

All-Space Driver assistance pack plus

All-Space IQ Lights

Passat Est Harman Kardon Sound system

Passat Est IQ-Lights-LED Matrix Headlights

Arteon Harman Kardon Sound system

Touareg No change

#180696 Reply
    Sabrina

Been told by dealership today that VW in Germany have closed factory now for 3 weeks typical on my built week being waiting since June 2021

#180697 Reply
    Sabrina
    #182612 Reply
    Chris

Ordered a Tiguan Elegance in July 2021, just had an update this morning, saying my build date has now moved to September 2022. It is due to parts being ordered from Ukraine. I appreciate everything going on at the moment, but can I cancel my order and get my down payment back? I’d rather just buy one off the forecourt myself.

#182615 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Ordered a Tiguan Elegance in July 2021, just had an update this morning, saying my build date has now moved to September 2022. It is due to parts being ordered from Ukraine. I appreciate everything going on at the moment, but can I cancel my order and get my down payment back? I’d rather just buy one off the forecourt myself.

You would be able to cancel. By down payment I take it you mean the advanced payment which I can’t see any problem having it back, though don’t know for sure. Someone with more knowledge will be able to answer better than me. Its also worth giving mb a call.

#182618 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Both VW and BMW reckon the chip shortage could last into 2024…

Chip shortage could last until 2024, according to Volkswagen

#182637 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

In short, yes. You have not entered into a legally binding contract with the dealer. The only legally binding contract that you make is with Motability and that only comes into effect when you enter the PIN on the day that you collect the car.  A dealer may play silly buggers and play hard to get, but will eventually have no choice but to refund you. I’d guess that’s unlikely though, as they will most likely keep the car on order and sell it privately for more profit. Besides, it sounds as though you might be considering buying privately off them anyway. If going private, check out prices on drivethedeal as dealers will usually match or come very close. There are some big discounts to be had on Tiguans, in spite of the supply issues.

#188778 Reply
    John

Ordered new Tiguan June 21 expecting August 22

#188825 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Ordered new Tiguan June 21 expecting August 22

Hi John

There’s about 4 users in the tiguanforums.co.uk that have June 21 order dates and there all at Code 20 (Factory ordered production week scheduled) or Code 30 (In transit from factory) so going by that your order should at the least lined up for construction so August delivery would tie in with that.

My order was put in October/November 21 so AFAIK my car is stuck at Code 10 (Factory ordered with production week scheduled) that mean little today.

Hopefully you will have you car in a couple of months but those June 21 orders above are not Motability orders but our delivery times are no different from what I’ve seen.

Viewing 14 replies - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
Reply To: Tiguan Delays
Your information: