The Electric future

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Brydo 3 days, 23 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98322 Reply

Dogboss
    Participant

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/a1uFudf37JU” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98323 Reply

Dogboss
    Participant

#98324 Reply

George

Wow a real eye opener

#98326 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I’ve never seen soo many Tesla in the one place, brilliant. Do they not have home chargers?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#98331 Reply

Philjb

Reminds me of the petrol shortages and massive queues at any garage that even had fuel.
    I’m guessing these people are charging to get home again?

#98335 Reply

brydo

Its footage on Thanksgiving day in the USA which is a national holiday over there.

#98340 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Its footage on Thanksgiving day in the USA which is a national holiday over there.

That’s California for you. I bet these are owners that purchased their Tesla back in the day when you received free lifetime charging from Superchargers.

It is a pretty cool queue to be in.

#98345 Reply

Brydo

Could be wmc, they are fantastic cars, i suggest it would be worth the wait.

#98346 Reply

Philjb

Yes it looks like California, maybe it’s a thanksgiving Tesla owners meet? 🤔

free or not those in the queue are in for a long wait. Can you imagine doing that in minus temperatures over here, I think I’d leave the car and get an Uber instead.

#98349 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Wow, lets go see the relatives this holiday, drive there, visit, queue for 4 hours to plug in and charge for another hour to drive home, no thanks.

#98350 Reply

brydo

Vinalspin you missed out “save the planet” after all there is “no planet B”

#98351 Reply

Craig

Brydo
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Electric  cars aren’t that green either. To make the lithium batteries means oceans being dug up which is bad for the environment. Plus charging them up uses carbon footprint. The only ‘green’ thing about is the emissions.</p>

#98361 Reply

brydo

Craig nothing is 100% perfect, that’s for sure, but surely the change to EV’s has to be better than the status quo.

#98372 Reply

Philjb

Can you imagine how gridlocked somewhere like London would be if queues like that were the norm after everyone is forced to go electric.

We’re going to need charging stations the size of football pitches in all large cities.

#98378 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

At the moment the production of electric cars and their batteries and the power supply to charge all these EV’s is not “green” in any way, I don’t feel like I’ve missed out as yet because right now none of the cars on offer are an improvement on normal fuelled vehicles(Tesla’s are the best but you have to factor in cost/availability etc) plus there is the bloody big elephant stood in the middle of the road blocking a large percentage of people from being able to actually charge one of said wee beasties so until there is a radical shift in all areas I won’t be crying into my cornflakes just yet!

#98381 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Phil big city councils will need to get their fingers out and provide kerb side chargers if this is to work.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: The Electric future

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: