Taking delivery this week

• Creator
    Topic
    lee1480
    Participant

Hi is anyone taking delivery this  of a new vehicle if so can you please tell me if the Intelligent Speed Assist is activated every time you start you car thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rhodgie
      Participant

If you mean the thing that beeps at you every time you go over the speed limit then yes, it resets to being ON every time you start the car

lee1480
        Participant

No Rhodgie the System from the 7th of July is supposed to make you stick to the speed limit so you can only do 30 in a 30s zone et cetera et cetera

Rhodgie
          Participant

Never heard of such a system that physically restricts your speed to what it thinks is the limit… the only thing it does is give a visual or audible warning

Phaedra
            Participant

@lee1480
              A quick forum search would have given you the answer (you can usually find most things using this), which is no, not in the UK 🙂

UK cars will have to be ‘retrofitted’ with new ‘mandatory’ speed limiter

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Intelligent speed assist will not become mandatory in the UK as the previous government opted out. However, your vehicle may already be fitted with “intelligent speed assist” as standard or as part of an option pack (my new vehicle will be), in which case it will be on as a default setting each time you start your car. In this case you can “legally” delete it before moving off by pressing one or two buttons (this will no longer be legally allowed in the rest of the EU).

There is a a difference between “advisory speed assistance” and “intervening speed assistance”. ‘Advisory’ is just an audible reminder that you are exceeding the speed limit, and ‘Intervening’ actually slows the vehicle down to the speed limit if you ignore the audible warning.

I am a slow driver so it didn’t bother me at all when I had a test drive in a car which had it fitted.

JMC
                Participant

Although I read yesterday that a huge % of cars will have it fitted anyway. And it will need turning off every time you restart the car. Check the article from ‘this is money’ yourself. It gives every main brand and what they say about it being fitted to UK cars. All hondas will have it for example.

Participant

My TomTom Sat Nav has had speed assist warning for years and to be honest, I find it really useful!

To get a “Bing Bong” when travelling over the speed limit can only help in my opinion, 1 to help prevent accidents and 2, to keep points off of my licence!

What’s not to like!

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June) Build Week moved again to week 32 (W/C 5th August) Brought forward to week 27 (W/C 1st July 24)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.