Spring 2024 booster eligibility

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

“Spring 2024 booster eligibilityCOVID-19 is more serious in older people and in people with certain underlying health conditions. For these reasons, people aged 75 years and over, those in care homes, and those aged 6 months and over with a weakened immune system are being offered a spring dose of COVID-19 vaccine.18 Mar 2024”

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

Mrs Joe just had it, she felt fine, just a bit “snotty” but was having outpatient hospital treatment for another condition, hospital nurse advised her to do a test which was positive. I was in same house as her throughout and didn’t catch it.

Brydo
        Participant

Do you know which version they are giving now as my father-in-law is getting his next week?

Jojoe
          Participant

Sorry Brydo, I meant she had Covid last week, not the vaccine. We both had the vaccination in October which was Pfizer. But the vaccine certainly worked as she had it really mild despite being quite unwell at the moment and I didn’t even catch it.

Participant

Do you know which version they are giving now as my father-in-law is getting his next week?

My daughter has been administering Covid jabs all week and has just answered me to say that they are giving Pfizer but she doesn’t know if other vaccines are being used elsewhere.

kezo
              Participant

Hope mrs @Jojoe is well soon 🙂

@Brydo

Vaccine products for spring 2024 programme
                It is not possible to predict which SARS-CoV-2 variants might be circulating in future months. For spring 2024, the latest monovalent Omicron vaccines are considered preferable; and mRNA Omicron XBB.1.5 COVID-19 variant vaccines that have been pre-procured as part of the UK’s pandemic emergency response are considered the most cost-effective vaccines for use under existing circumstances.

The following vaccines are advised for use in all individuals aged 18 years and over:

Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA (Comirnaty) Omicron XBB.1.5 vaccine. Dose: 30 micrograms
                Moderna mRNA (Spikevax) XBB.1.5 vaccine. Dose: 50 micrograms
                The following vaccines are advised for young people aged 12 to 17 years:

Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA (Comirnaty) Omicron XBB.1.5 vaccine. Dose: 30 micrograms
                The following vaccines are advised for children aged 5 to 11 years:

Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA (Comirnaty) Omicron XBB.1.5 vaccine. Dose: 10 micrograms
                The following vaccines are advised for children aged 6 months to 4 years:

Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA (Comirnaty) Omicron XBB.1.5 vaccine. Dose: 3 micrograms
                Novavax Matrix-M adjuvanted COVID-19 vaccine (Nuvaxovid – latest authorised and available vaccine) may be used as a booster dose for persons aged 12 years and above when alternative products are considered not clinically suitable.

HIPRA bivalent COVID-19 vaccine (Bimervax) may be used as a booster dose for persons aged 16 years and above (reference 3) when alternative products are considered not clinically suitable.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-spring-2024-and-future-vaccination-programmes-jcvi-advice-4-december-2023/jcvi-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-in-spring-2024-and-considerations-on-future-covid-19-vaccination-4-december-2023

Jojoe
                Participant

Hope mrs @Jojoe is well soon ?

Cheers Kezo  ?

Brydo
                  Participant

Thanks guys, as always ?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.