So my list is down to three…

• This topic has 55 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ben.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #82900 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

I’ve managed to whittle my list down to three. In no particular order….

Citroen C5 Aircross Flair Plus 1.6 petrol auto

Mazda CX5 Sport Nav 2.0 petrol auto

VW Tiguan Match 2.0 Diesel auto (or possibly the R-line)

I’ve already tested the Citroen which was fabulous, and the other two will be tested over the coming week or so. But in the meantime, any comments from happy owners?

VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #83199 Reply
    Lee Edwards

Have you checked the seat tarroco out it’s just a tiguan with a lot more standard tech for the price

#83202 Reply
    Douglas Brimson

I did but I don’t really want a 7 seater. I do a lot of driving in the centre of London and big tends to be bad!

#83203 Reply
    Lee Edwards

Theres about 8 inches difference just to put in perspective the size of the tigaun if you drive in london

#86951 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

Just to close this topic off, I ordered my new car yesterday: Tiguan 2.0 TDI DSG R-Line Tech in nice shiny black!

Fantastic service from Marshalls of Oxford and with a nice £400 discount. Happy days.

#86956 Reply
    Philjb

Good choice Dougie lots of us have the tiguan, for a reason, great cars, they’ve had the latest tech in them since launch and even better with the discounts available.

Looks are always personal taste, I like the understated but purposeful looks myself.

Ours has just ticked over 13k  in 9 months of trouble free effortless driving and the mpg and the gearbox are better then ever.

#86957 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

Good choice Dougie lots of us have the tiguan, for a reason, great cars, they’ve had the latest tech in them since launch and even better with the discounts available. Looks are always personal taste, I like the understated but purposeful looks myself. Ours has just ticked over 13k in 9 months of trouble free effortless driving and the mpg and the gearbox are better then ever.

Can’t wait to get it now. I do like a good gadget!

#86959 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Good choice, so happy with mine i intend ordering another in 12 months if it`s still on the scheme.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#86960 Reply
    Philjb

It took me a while to get my head around all of it, being a typical male I refuse to read a manual. lol

But coming from vw before the ergonomical layout really helps.

We drive a fair bit in the sticks so the intelligent main beam function gets used a lot and works well.

My only criticism of the car is the stop start is sometimes a bit slow, especially in traffic, a few times the system will stop the engine (more noticeable driving up hill) just as you want to be moving off.

Doesnt happen every time and that’s the only minor dislike I can think of.

#86962 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

My only criticism of the car is the stop start is sometimes a bit slow, especially in traffic, a few times the system will stop the engine (more noticeable driving up hill) just as you want to be moving off. Doesnt happen every time and that’s the only minor dislike I can think of.

I’m not really a fan of stop start. If I can turn it off, I will.

#86967 Reply
    Dave h

Was it stock or factory build if so what build time have they given you

#86968 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

It was a stock order. Due for delivery early December.

#86983 Reply
    Philjb

Dougie yes it’s easy to switch off, button by the gear lever, you’d be surprised how much fuel you save leaving it on, but it seems to operate on brake pressure on Vw’s it was the same on our last vw Touran.

#87001 Reply
    ZZleeZZ
    Participant

It was a stock order. Due for delivery early December.

Just ordered my Tiggy Alspace too. Dealer mentioned early January with a chance it might sneak into December if we are lucky. Made in Mexico I believe? So a fair chunk of time at sea.

#87010 Reply
    Ben

Due to get delivery of the rline this month, how did you get £400 off AP?!

#87017 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

Marshall’s of Oxford are offering £400 of all models. VW in Hull are offering £500 off Tiguan’s at the moment but it was too far for me to travel.

#87018 Reply
    Dave h

Ben when did you order yours?

#87029 Reply
    Philjb

Vw Reading had £600 off when I ordered last December.

I live about 50 miles away, my local dealer offers no discounts.

#87032 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My local dealer offered £250 off on phone after meeting with manager I phoned further afield Johnson’s VW Solihull and got £500 off my Golf after he had had a talk with the manager

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#87033 Reply
    Dougie B

Neither of my local dealers even replied when I asked them about a discount.

#87042 Reply
    Mr P

….roaming around in my 1.6 Flair Plus auto petrol with grip control,  for about 3 months now. Excellent power in it , very comfortable, great seating position, putting same amount cost wise as I was putting in previous XC60 2.0l diesel. So far so good, hope this helps.

#87054 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hello Mr P what is your average mpg showing ?  I bet the electric sunroof has been lovely on warm sunny days

#87056 Reply
    Mr P

…@ Mike, I pretty much do ‘Town driving’ around 28mph. Yes sunroof is great, also allows cabin to be light and airy with the light grey colour interior and seats.

#87058 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fantastic Mr p have you got a reverse camera ?

#87061 Reply
    Philjb

So just a friend asked my opinion on the best largish suv type car on the scheme and looking through what’s available and AP’s the Tiguan is still one of the best options.

What will come along next to beat it? Mk3 Tiguan?

#87062 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

A hybrid Tiguan

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
Reply To: So my list is down to three…
Your information: