So my list is down to three…

This topic contains 55 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ben 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #82900 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

I’ve managed to whittle my list down to three. In no particular order….

Citroen C5 Aircross Flair Plus 1.6 petrol auto

Mazda CX5 Sport Nav 2.0 petrol auto

VW Tiguan Match 2.0 Diesel auto (or possibly the R-line)

I’ve already tested the Citroen which was fabulous, and the other two will be tested over the coming week or so. But in the meantime, any comments from happy owners?

Current car: Kia Sportage 2.0 KX3 CRDI AWD auto.

Coming soon: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #82911 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Wife has the VW Tiguan Match 2.0tdi 150 DSG 2wd and it is a great car. If you are into Cruis Control the Adaptive Cruise on the Tiguan especially when linked to the DSG gearbox. Great on fuel as she is getting between 48 -55 mpg.  Very sure footed on the road with not a lot of body roll you would expect from an SUV.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#82913 Reply

Philjb

For me no other car offered the same spec as the Tiguan.

Ive had vw’s for the past 8 years and the Dsg gearbox, so I liked the layout and felt more comfortable with it and like all vw’s it felt so well put together, nothing flimsy that could break off if my grandsons were a bit bored. ?

But anyway. driving it straight away from the dealer felt easy.

Plus I have a vw main dealer less then  2 miles away.

The c5 wasn’t on the scheme when I was looking but I’ve driven it and tbh it felt a bit rolly in the corners. Plus the infotainment system especially the nav took an age to start up and find a location? But I liked the looks.

Previously I tried to get a Honda crx but the dealer told me a lot of BS and sold me a car not on the scheme?

So that put me right off the scheme for maybe 6 months until the £600 off the AP arrived for any Vw, then it was an easy choice from what else suitable was left on the scheme.

#82926 Reply

Mr P

Happy owner of C5 Aircross, 1.6 petrol auto ( 1 month) ??????

#82964 Reply

Jacklg
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Personally I was put off the Tiguan purely because my dealer said there was a 6-9month wait on factory orders.</p>

#82975 Reply

72 Dudes

All great choices Dougie and although I’m not currently an owner of any one of them, these are my opinions.

Mrs 72 dudes is looking at exactly this list plus the Volvo XC40 and DS7 Crossback.

1). Citroen C5 Aircross. A lot of car for the AP, distinctive look, sublime ride. Interior quality not as good as CX5 and Tiguan.

2) CX5. Possibly the best looking of the three, lovely interior. Firm ride compared to the others, will the non turbo engine have the guts in every day driving compared to the others?

3) Tiguan. Nice chunky upmarket looks especially R Line, quality interior and fittings. Harsher ride on R line suspension with big wheels, it’s a diesel, everybody on here has one!

Difficult to call until you’ve had your own test drive in each, but all 3 great cars.

#82976 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

All great choices Dougie and although I’m not currently an owner of any one of them, these are my opinions. Mrs 72 dudes is looking at exactly this list plus the Volvo XC40 and DS7 Crossback. 1). Citroen C5 Aircross. A lot of car for the AP, distinctive look, sublime ride. Interior quality not as good as CX5 and Tiguan. 2) CX5. Possibly the best looking of the three, lovely interior. Firm ride compared to the others, will the non turbo engine have the guts in every day driving compared to the others? 3) Tiguan. Nice chunky upmarket looks especially R Line, quality interior and fittings. Harsher ride on R line suspension with big wheels, it’s a diesel, everybody on here has one! Difficult to call until you’ve had your own test drive in each, but all 3 great cars.

Thanks. The DS7 was actually top of my list but by the time you’ve added on the cost of the rear camera and the red paint I’d like, the AP is a fairly chunky £2800. Couple that with the fact that my nearest dealer is over 20 miles away and it’s kind of put me off slightly. Awesome looking car though and the interior is sublime.

#83030 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Thoroughly underwhelmed with the spec of the Performance Line DS7, style, lights, wheels, tech, interior, etc, etc, etc, even after adding bucket loads of options to bring it inline with either of the top 2 models it still didn’t look as good and added over 7 grand in extras!

Tiggy is well specced but a bit dull and every man and his dog has one plus the ride I found too crash and bang for my spine, the new model list has also removed some things and you either need to add packs or change model to get some things you might want.

C5 Aircross would be one I’d have but just not big enough boot for me! ?

The Mazda looks good and has loads of kit, colour options are way better than most I’m just not too sure about the engine choices tbh.

#83032 Reply

JS

Any needs or requirements apart I would be in the cx5 corner. And you should be able to get the “special” Red buckshee.

#83036 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

Any needs or requirements apart I would be in the cx5 corner. And you should be able to get the “special” Red buckshee.

That’s the colour I’d go for. It’s gorgeous.

#83037 Reply

solent60
    Participant

Just a quick word regarding the CX-5. Mazda has just recently issued a recall on that model for those already on here driving one. You’ve probably had a call from your dealer – but if not, get in touch with them.

The Engine Control Unit (PCM) may fail to switch from the cylinder deactivation to normal mode with Mazda3 (BP), Mazda CX-5 (KF), and Mazda6 (GL) models produced between 20 June 2017 and 23 May 2019. Subsequently, the intake valve rocker could come into contact with other engine components. The defect may occur with 57,869 vehicles, most of which are registered in Europe.

#83040 Reply

Moreton5

Why not the 190ps Tsi SEL. 1400 AP

#83044 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

Why not the 190ps Tsi SEL. 1400 AP

Why pick an SEL over a Match or R-Line?

#83062 Reply

Tomas (Tomas)

I actually think the SEL is better than the match or R-line.

The match has really cheap seats and wheels.

#83088 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

I actually think the SEL is better than the match or R-line. The match has really cheap seats and wheels.

Good point. I really didn’t like the seats on the match when I tried it.

#83090 Reply

Philjb

Those seats I found too soft and not very supporting, the SEL gives you comfort seats with massage function.

The only down side is they are manually adjusted, apart from the lumbar support.

Also you get leg extension on the seat squab. Really helps support if you like me have long legs.

But being manual doesn’t bother me as it’s easy to get in a comfortable driving position.

#83094 Reply

Moreton5

The SEL also has LED headlights which imo makes it look alot nicer, same as the rline. Whereas the match still has the bulky halogen ones. Also get a panoramic sunroof with SEL as standard. I do believe the match gets a rear view camera though at no extra cost.

#83098 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

The SEL also has LED headlights which imo makes it look alot nicer, same as the rline. Whereas the match still has the bulky halogen ones. Also get a panoramic sunroof with SEL as standard. I do believe the match gets a rear view camera though at no extra cost.

Sounds interesting. Is the rear camera an extra on the SEL?

#83112 Reply

Moreton5

It is unfortunately. It confuses me as to why that’s the case. Park assist with rear view camera is a hefty £570 add on for the SEL according to vw website.

#83116 Reply

Footloose

So DougieB have you made a decision yet or test driven any of your choice?This is like The government dealing with brexit!lol?

#83117 Reply

Douglas Brimson

It’s more important than Brexit!

But yes, pretty much. The Tiguan is out of it. Mrs B thinks it looks dull and whilst I do think that the R-Line is attractive, a harsh suspension is the last thing I need with my weary bones. I will be testing one though, just to make sure.

The DS7 is, IMHO, the best looking SUV on the scheme but it’s lacking a few things spec wise and by the time I add them on, plus the red paint, it hikes up the AP. Plus, my nearest ‘dealer’ is miles away.

That leaves the Mazda CX5 Sport Nav and the Citroen C5 Aircross Flair Plus. The former is the front runner at the moment as it’s a gorgeous car and stunning in red but the idea of a black Aircross with the optional black wheels really does appeal.

Another round of test drives beckon and then I’ll make my decision based on delivery times, etc.

#83119 Reply

Footloose

Your right about the ds7 it is stunning however as you said the spec could be better to be able to enjoy a vehicle you will have for three years..put the r line spec in the ds7 and you have a winner!Good luck ?

#83144 Reply

JS

I would stop at a Hyundai dealership and have a look at the Tucson and really put the cat amongst The pigeons lol

#83167 Reply

Macca

I too think its a contender but there is a marked difference in the cabins, the Mazda is a much nicer place to be in my humble opinion

#83182 Reply

Douglas Brimson

The Hyundai is nice, but if I was considering one of those, I might as well stick with another Sportage.

#83184 Reply

JS

I guess it’s good we all like different lumps and bumps lol but I’m not sure what it is but I’ve never been able to take to the Sportage (although the latest styling is growing on me) the cx5 has both great styling inside and out, at the time the Tucson won our order on size and suitability. Citroen and DS lost out due to sharing a showroom and the staff being dismissive. 10,000 miles in and no regrets with the Tucson.

Im sure Mazda offer extended test drives which may be worth considering.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
Reply To: So my list is down to three…

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: