Should London be quarantined?

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110141 Reply

brydo

Over 40% of all coronaviris cases are now in London should movement in and out of the capital be severely restricted?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110160 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

It should Brydo did you see the tube trains this morning on tv they were packed

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110170 Reply

Philjb

The tubes were packed mainly because they have reduced the number of trains?
    The government will act if these latest measures to pay wages for those staying home before Further locking London down.
    The problem with putting all of London under quarantine is the practicality of such a large operation feeding and getting medication to people and dealing with mental and physical health of those without the virus.
    what we do need is visible action taken against those who are to stubborn or stupid to stay indoors other then to exercise etc.

#110172 Reply

Richard

Definitely, since schools were closed the rich selfish oaf Londoners have inundated us, run off to their 2nd homes & of course they’re not self isolating so all our vulnerable people are especially at risk here due to them.

#110180 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree Richard here in the midlands and up northwe call them thick londeners it’s a well known saying and how true it was but looks like they getting message now ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110186 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Just seen the 10 AM news and government saying if its safe to work on building site then its OK to go to work.

So the message behind that is if you think its safe to go to the park or Snowdonia then that’s OK. Keep calm and carry on. 😊

What a bunch of morons.

The question they have to ask is not “is there enough ventilators” but “is there enough coffins”.

#110220 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#110222 Reply

POPS

Guys and girls, a number of our posters are from the London area as are some of the one thousand ‘guests’ we have visiting the forum on a daily basis. Let’s not insult people on a regional basis, because most people (whatever area) are in the same boat as us. Living in London must be scary enough at the moment, so let’s hope that further defensive measures will be taken by the government very soon in order to offer more protection to Londoners.

#110230 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Pops you misinterpret my intention here, if an area is a hot spot it is for the benefit of both those in and outside the hot spot to know about it.

If i were in a hotspot i would be saying the exact same thing.

Those on the forum from London will hopefully be looking after themselves and following the government guidlines of self isolating. These are serious times but its clear, from online photos, that many in London, and to be fair elsewhere, are not following the guidlines.

So no matter where you are look after yourself and FOLLOW THE GUIDLINES.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#110232 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@brydo

It’s too late as there is person to person transfer all over the UK and as testing is only happening sporadically tracking individual cases and who they have been in contact with is now all but abandoned.

The only solution is to ‘squash the sombrero’ as the PM said (oh dear) to keep the casualties down.

This came from the North East PHE (Public Health England) Director, an area that has not been hit too badly so far:

‘We are approaching a critical phase and make no mistake, the North East cannot avoid the very real consequences of this disease. We need to protect ourselves, our families, our key workers and every community across the North East. To do so we must act now. Every single one of us in our region must take responsibility’.

#110236 Reply

POPS

I understand where you’re coming from Brydo and your point is valid. I was referring specifically to how we reply to such a question. Cheers.

#110281 Reply

Philjb

Being a thick Londoner (no offence taken ) I’ve not witnessed any other thickos purposely not following the guidance since the lockdown other then on the tubes, but the mayor of London cut trains at peak times and still expected all the front line staff to get to work, remember the tube is the best way to get around London.

I did see Ben neves and snowden packed over the weekend I doubt many were thick Londoners.
    Morons are everywhere sad to say even disabled folk going out in the sun  in their cars.

London was bound to be hit hard because London hospitals were the first to take cases from all over the south.
    plus the population in London is massive, with two of the biggest airports.

#110289 Reply

jamesg

They   should   have  restricted  travel  at  all  Airports  in the  UK.   MONTHS   AGO.

#110292 Reply

Unclebob
    Participant

My thoughts with the tube is construction workers are using it early morning this is the same time key workers are starting work, so stopping all construction sites in London for the next month or longer this could help the spread of the virus .

#110295 Reply

Philjb

They have kept building sites open as they haven’t figured out a way of making sure self employed tradesmen get enough money to live on, but have told most of the builders yards to close so they can’t order materials?
    So these workers are entitled to use the tubes still and there are thousands of them in and around London.
    Once they figure that out they will close sites

#110298 Reply

Unclebob
    Participant

Agree 👍🏻

#110359 Reply

Philjb

Still only 37 cases of the virus out of 275,000 in my borough of London.

who watched BBC 1 tonight the clap to support the NHS and front line workers. A fair few people outside and stood too close to neighbours.

#110360 Reply

roly
    Participant

37 tested&confirmed cases.

#110364 Reply

Brydo

Good news Phil stay safe

#110365 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

Rolly without a crystal ball they can only give out figures for confirmed cases.

And you Bri I hope your Mrs is on the mend too.

#110366 Reply

Brydo

She’s not too bad Phil but climbing the walls with every channel talking about Coronavirus, she can’t cope.

#110368 Reply

PillBoy
    Participant

Being a thick Londoner (no offence taken ) I’ve not witnessed any other thickos purposely not following the guidance since the lockdown other then on the tubes, but the mayor of London cut trains at peak times and still expected all the front line staff to get to work, remember the tube is the best way to get around London. I did see Ben neves and snowden packed over the weekend I doubt many were thick Londoners. Morons are everywhere sad to say even disabled folk going out in the sun in their cars. London was bound to be hit hard because London hospitals were the first to take cases from all over the south. plus the population in London is massive, with two of the biggest airports.

50% of Tube staff are either sick or self-isolating.  No choice but to cut services.

#110369 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

@pillboy which has caused the crowding on the tubes.

#110370 Reply

Philjb

Bri Yes the constant bad news is causing lots of anxiety, I have 12 weeks of having to stay indoors which brings home how serious things are and will be for some time.

Do you try anything to distract her if she has a smartphone there’s an ap called headspace which really helps just think about here and now.

#110384 Reply

jamesg

On GMTV  This  morning   nurse,s  to be   brought   to  London  from  other  areas .  GOV  NEW PLANS  to  fight  virus.

#110389 Reply

Brydo

I will have a look at it Phil thanks 🙏

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Should London be quarantined?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: