RSA Take Over

• Creator
    Topic
  • #128770 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54835584

Could be a good time for Motability to negotiate a new and better deal for us.

Although I’m sure Motability business is a small amount in the whole wide World of things but it is a guaranteed income I’m sure they would not want lose while there are bids on the table for take overs.

Then there’s the other side of things where you may think the government is not going to like British tax payers money going to Canadian and Dutch shareholders so Motability may need to look at another provider anyway.

Just my thoughts.🤷‍♂️

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129799 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

This thread seemed to of died a death but having read today in the Financial Times this deal is a done deal and RSA is now in the hands of overseas investors.

So a good Christmas on the cards for shareholders when they divi up but wonder if it will have any effect on us as Motability customers in the way of higher excesses or lower GCB

#129811 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54835584 Could be a good time for Motability to negotiate a new and better deal for us.

Why do you think they don’t have a good deal already?

#129835 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I’m sure both Motability and RSA are more than happy with the deal, Motability gets all their vehicles insured and RSA never has to pay out for any contents/possessions that get damaged or stolen!

#129845 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Alan

I don’t know what deal they have but what needs to be known is do the Canadians and Dutch look after disabled folk from overseas from other countries or do they even care.

Are our interest being looked after in view of this take over and do Motability bother to compare the market for better deals like were always being told to do for our gas, electric and internet.

The deal we have at the moment is AFAIK a good one but was any provision taken on board before they cracked open the Champaign to make sure Motability and we customers don’t get taken for granted.

The cost of cars is already starting to out pace the income from PIP and any other extra cost on top of that might have HMG looking at ways to cut down qualifying customers like they’ve done with the DLA to PIP transition.

#129896 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

I’m sure both Motability and RSA are more than happy with the deal, Motability gets all their vehicles insured and RSA never has to pay out for any contents/possessions that get damaged or stolen!

They don’t have to pay out as they are not covered under the policy – even with standard car insurance you would be better off covering items in the car under your home policy rather than the cars.

#129897 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

Hi Alan I don’t know what deal they have but what needs to be known is do the Canadians and Dutch look after disabled folk from overseas from other countries or do they even care. Are our interest being looked after in view of this take over and do Motability bother to compare the market for better deals like were always being told to do for our gas, electric and internet. The deal we have at the moment is AFAIK a good one but was any provision taken on board before they cracked open the Champaign to make sure Motability and we customers don’t get taken for granted.

I’m not sure what it would matter how the Canadians and Dutch treat disabled people?  The policy is in the UK under UK laws and being taken over won’t be making a change to the policies that are already in place.  Motability would decide on the cover they want and what is expected from the insurer – they must get that at present from RSA and if any changes happened then I am sure they would use a different company but at present it’s just a large company being taken over – which usually for the end customer makes no difference.

#129928 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I don’t know about being covered by UK law as raising prices is not against the law AFAIK and we simply don’t know if Motability keeps an eye on the ball because north American business is based on money comes first then customers then staff and you don’t spend over £7Bn just to stay where you are but we maybe lucky and prices stay stable but I don’t hold out much for UK workers keeping their jobs as clerical work can be done from anywhere. Let’s not forget too that north American social benefits are contributed insurance based so lets hope there’s nothing in that.

My concerned, as with AP’s and massive price increases in cars coming the next few years is government will look for spending cuts and the ill-thought-out policy of shifting the disabled from DLA to PIP was all to do with the 2008 financial crash and now were lending money way beyond the 2008 crash and WW2 spending.

I’m sure you’ve heard the government saying the past 6 months that there will be “no return to austerity” despite all the money we’ve lent and yet today their saying public sector pay is to be frozen again after only 2 years gone by since it was unfrozen from the last time. With that in mind how long do you think there going to keep ring-fencing disability benefits.

Sounds like austerity is being written on the walls to me and as last time they know the disabled can’t defend themselves so were always a good target that nobody else cares about, not even the opposition parties and I’m sure politicians will have it in mind that most disabled folk are locked down in their homes so they don’t really need cars so lets cut PIP and give then a free bus pass to get to hospital appointments.

So you see any increase in prices to Motability will not wear well with those who pay the bills but I hope I’ve got this all wrong but somehow, for some reason, I don’t think I have.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: RSA Take Over
Your information: