Renault Scenic e-tech

• Creator
    Topic
    Shaun
    Participant

Not sure if anyone’s interested or seen it, but just had confirmation from Renault (media team) that the new scenic will be on the scheme later on this month. No prices etc but with the rather good prices on the Megane e-tech, I remain cautiously optimistic 🤞🤞

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Cheerio132
      Participant

That’s good news hopefully it won’t be to far off the same price as the megane but I see it being more in line with the austral but fingers crossed

kezo
        Participant

It will depend on whether we are blessed with the 167bhp 60kWh comfort range or the 220bhp 87kWh long range and which trims are available.

Oscarmax
          Participant

Am I wrong in assuming it uses the same powertrain and floor pan as the Nissan Ariya

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
            Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Suzuki Across PHEV

kezo
            Participant

Am I wrong in assuming it uses the same powertrain and floor pan as the Nissan Ariya

I believe you are right sir 🙂

Cheerio132
              Participant

It seems the uk is only getting the 220bhp motor as its the only one available to spec up on the configurator but if it is i can see them basing the price off the ariya

Participant

Being only 9 months in to a lease I didn’t really have any Q1 wishes. However I am hoping that by the time next renewal comes things like the Scenic with that kind of range are on the scheme and at an affordable AP.

des
                  Participant

Bandit I’m actively looking an EV but will certainly take an ice if it’s the right car at the right ap, knowing it will be my last ice.

As you say in three years time they should all be 350+ with low aps.

Ps range is not an issue mind as I have managed brilliantly with my current Konas 220-270 range, so more bigger vehicles and better aps

Nas89
                    Participant

Anyone followed this up with a dealer? Could be an option if its coming to scheme soon.

Shaun
                      Participant

If you search electric cars, and select renault but not a model the scenic is there now. Esprit alpine and iconic trim available, in 87kWh spec. However, by the ev database, it is far less efficient than quite a lot of cars and only achieves the same range as an enyaq coupe. Decent AP, but think I’ll stick with ordering the enyaq in a couple of weeks

Cheerio132
                        Participant

Yeah i think it will drop come april im gonna wait it out seems to best thing to do atm

Ele
                          Participant

£2000-£3000 AP

Cant see a reduction in the next quarter perhaps end of the year

There again Renault are giving us the best deals atm

Who knows?

Cheerio132
                            Participant

im sure the megane came on the scheme with an ap of £4500 for the techno then dropped to 1500 for the techno next quarter and then they added the iconic for £1350 a few weeks later as I ordered the techno originally the car arrived early at the dealership but I cancelled to get the cheaper iconic so it could drop but like you say may be q3 or q4

MickC
                              Participant

A second faster to 62mph than the Peugeot E 3008.

Not a fan of those daft door handles.It does have a rear wiper which is good.

des
                                Participant

Nope, I can’t cancel again FFS. So spent a while going over both cars. The e3008 GT which I’ve ordered and this in iconic trim.
                                  For £500 more than the GT I would get that cracking big opaque roof, premium audio system, around view 3D camera, electric seats with massage, parking assist, a heat pump, about 40 mile extra range and bigger boot by 25ltr. It is slightly smaller than the e3008 so I presume that slightly bigger boot may eat up some passenger space.

If I were to add packs to the e3008 GT it would cost around 3k in packs and you still won’t have parking assist.

No V2L is keeping me with the e3008 GT, but for £500 extra I would love all that. And I like the styling and interior.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 1 hour ago by des.
                                  • This reply was modified 4 days, 1 hour ago by des.
                                  kezo
                                  Participant

User fitted range extender wheel trim 😂

MickC
                                    Participant

The charging port on the lefty is on the righty.

The charging port on the righty is on the lefty.

Participant

nic e car. shame the boot opening is narrow and suc h a high lip. seats look a little low too. otherwise is very nice

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                        Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

kezo
                                        Participant

The way the little shelf under the multimedia screen is posistioned impacts passenger space (you can see betterif you build the car on Reno site)!

• This reply was modified 3 days, 23 hours ago by kezo.
                                          solent60
                                          Participant

Nope, I can’t cancel again FFS. So spent a while going over both cars. The e3008 GT which I’ve ordered and this in iconic trim. For £500 more than the GT I would get that cracking big opaque roof, premium audio system, around view 3D camera, electric seats with massage, parking assist, a heat pump, about 40 mile extra range and bigger boot by 25ltr. It is slightly smaller than the e3008 so I presume that slightly bigger boot may eat up some passenger space. If I were to add packs to the e3008 GT it would cost around 3k in packs and you still won’t have parking assist. No V2L is keeping me with the e3008 GT, but for £500 extra I would love all that. And I like the styling and interior.

Along similar lines although different, I currently have a Peugeot 208 GT Premium with all the bells n whistles. I really like the new facelifted version 208 GT hybrid and would have happily ordered one.

However, Peugeot being Peugeot, the new top of the range GT 136 doesn’t come with heated seats, ACC, SatNav, or blind spot monitoring. To add all this (as options) costs £1,500. The new Clio comes with all of this as standard – and even has a heated steering wheel – and all for £595 AP. It’s quicker than the new 208 – and it’ll do 60 mpg, being a proper hybrid, whereas the 208 is a ‘mild’ hybrid.

It was a no-brainer really. After all, I will be handing the car back after 3-years – where someone else will benefit from all those nice options that I had to pay for!

Participant

I was all set for cancelling my Ioniq 6 and going for one of these until i found out you cannot change the seat colours on the top range iconic. Thought those grey cloth seats looked really cheap and let the interior down, much prefer the black in the Alpine but then you loose out on the pano roof. Looks like im sticking with my order then, shame because it looks a brilliant car on paper.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 19 hours ago by Avatar photoStuart.

----------------------------
                                              KIA Soul EV First Edition
                                              Scale modeller in my spare time

kezo
                                              Participant

I was all set for cancelling my Ioniq 6 and going for one of these until i found out you cannot change the seat colours on the top range iconic. Thought those grey cloth seats looked really cheap and let the interior down, much prefer the black in the Alpine but then you loose out on the pano roof. Looks like im sticking with my order then, shame because it looks a brilliant car on paper.

I look like a Greek God on paper!

moggy
                                                Participant

Kezo wrote,

I Look like a Greek God on paper!

Aphrodite?

kezo
                                                  Participant

Aphrodite

The male version 😂

Abercol
                                                    Participant

Quite a bit smaller than I thought it would be at 4470mm, short too, More Niro sized than Enyaq. Boot is a weird shape, the sill is incredibly high and no chance of a level floor.

The range is a bit pants given the small size and huge battery….hmmm, I’ll test drive it, but not looking good so far. I’d probably take a BYD Atto 3 before this….

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Fastbike1000
                                                      Participant

.                      Totally agree about the seat colour, I really can’t understand why they’re not giving a few options on colour or a leather option.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.