RE MINI COOPER ORDER BREXIT

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87984 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I ordered a mini cooper s on 2nd august and the dealer said it would be around six weeks and also the car would be with us in sep sometime and also the factory now sends you an email to let you know they are building it.As its another week till end of the month i phoned the dealer today and they tell me it maybe the end of October now has anyone here had these various things told them and also i said to the young lady that brexit mini oxford may have two days or more forced leave after 31st oct and she told me they do not know whats happening as yet.I did not know that the engine although built in the uk the crankshaft is made in france then shipped to the uk to be drilled and milled then its back to Germany to mate with the engine and then back to the uk to meet with the car that was in the guardian news about how brexit may affect mini uk.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87989 Reply
    SaintsMan

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That’s how lots of things are done these days Dave, hence the problem with no deal.</p>

#88025 Reply
    Georgie

Roughly 150,000 British are employed manufacturing cars, but another c.700,000 are employed in the Supply Chain making parts for cars, which are then Exported – worth £5.1 Billion to the Economy.  We Import roughly £13 billion worth of parts.  Who knows how future Tariffs and Trade Deals will affect us, but 3 years of Political non-achievement certainly hasn’t helped our International Reputation.

#88039 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I bet the oxford factory employees are worried what is going to happen as mini already has overseas factories although  they are going to be making the electric mini which is out in 2o20 i think.When they are told they will not be paid for any brexit days that they are closed will hit hard.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: RE MINI COOPER ORDER BREXIT
Your information: