Private plates

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Rico 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #82436 Reply
    Abi

Currently have a car on order and i won’t have it until middle September as it has to be made.

Just wondering how do I get a private plate fitted? What is the process I have to do to get it registered on the car. And do motability allow it?

Thank you

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #82438 Reply
    joss
    Participant

If you do a search on here you will find this topic is well covered Abi.

So here you go https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/search/private+plates/

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#82440 Reply
    Abi

Thankyou ?

#82450 Reply
    paulhelliwell

1. the plates have to be personal to the mobility customer

2. when you have the v750 you need to change the name from yours to motability operations as the nominee

3. take the new v750 to your dealer they will do the rest

#82518 Reply
    jordanc93
    Participant

1. the plates have to be personal to the mobility customer 2. when you have the v750 you need to change the name from yours to motability operations as the nominee 3. take the new v750 to your dealer they will do the rest

When we rang motability to get approval (you have to have their permission first) the advisor never said anything about having motability as the nominee on v750. Pleased this topic has come up as our new car is at beginning of September. So will I just change the nominee to Motability Operations Limited?

#82522 Reply
    Philjb

My supplying dealer said they couldn’t fit mine? He said according to motability I’d have to do it myself?

But they made me a set of plates free.

Ive still got my plate on retention.

#82523 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

the other way is the easiest talk to the dealer and confirm they will make plates free as part of purchase, let them register the car normally. Drive home in the car, next day ring up motability and ask them do they have the digital copy of the V5 yet (they normally have this within 24 hours of you driving away) then you do it over the phone simple as. When lease is near the end you phone them again and take plate off, you then still have original reg to put back on the car and plates still in storage from when you purchased it 🙂

#82549 Reply
    Mossfinn

I have my private plates on my car which I took delivery of in mid May.

‘My plates were on a retention certificate and emailed a copy a couple of days before collection. He registered the car with my number and I gave him the certificate when I collected the car.

i had no need to register Motobility as the owner and when I go to change the car, I can move number to next one as I still own it.

Bottom line is that it’s easy to do, can be done without Re-registering the car and you dealer can do it and if he says otherwise, it’s because he can’t be bothered or doesn’t know the rules.

#82624 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

I have my private plates on my car which I took delivery of in mid May. ‘My plates were on a retention certificate and emailed a copy a couple of days before collection. He registered the car with my number and I gave him the certificate when I collected the car. i had no need to register Motobility as the owner and when I go to change the car, I can move number to next one as I still own it. Bottom line is that it’s easy to do, can be done without Re-registering the car and you dealer can do it and if he says otherwise, it’s because he can’t be bothered or doesn’t know the rules.

this is correct, but I am a tight fooker and do it my way so when I put my number back on retention I dont have to spend out 15 quid on a set of plates 😛 as I still have the original ones in storage 😛

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Private plates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: