Premium paint

• Creator
    Topic
    ChrisWilson
    Participant

Hi

we get metallic paint included which for example is £700, if I want premium paint which isn’t included at £900. Do I have to pay full £900 or the £200 difference?

I can’t find anything on the motability website

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

Just the extra cost above metallic Chris

ChrisWilson
        Participant

Thanks, I thought that was correct. The sales guy said they’d not heard of that before

MickC
          Participant

Metallic paint is included in the price of Moatability cars,you pay for the difference between say metallic and exclusive,thats what i did on my Kuga.

ChrisWilson
            Participant

Thanks

Participant

Premium paint on the Honda ZRV and HRV is £350

NanasRob71
                Participant

Well, I have a different answer. mWhen I ordered my Enyaw in December, y Skoda dealer told me that no, if I wanted the premium paint I would have to pay the whole amount.
                  He told me they ‘found out the hard way’ when the dealer had to pay the extra.

He was a senior salesman at a decent Skoda Franchise. So I have no reason to doubt him.

As an alternative, when I visited my local Renault dealer to ask about the Megane-e, he told me that all premium paints were no cost extra.

As with many things, you’ll have to check when you order your car.

Frustrating, isn’t it.

MickC
                  Participant

Well, I have a different answer. mWhen I ordered my Enyaw in December, y Skoda dealer told me that no, if I wanted the premium paint I would have to pay the whole amount. He told me they ‘found out the hard way’ when the dealer had to pay the extra. He was a senior salesman at a decent Skoda Franchise. So I have no reason to doubt him. As an alternative, when I visited my local Renault dealer to ask about the Megane-e, he told me that all premium paints were no cost extra. As with many things, you’ll have to check when you order your car. Frustrating, isn’t it.

I have been in two different Skoda’s dealers in the last few weeks and both told me the only paint you pay for on the Enyak is the “exclusive colour Velvet Red ” and its cost is the difference between Metallic £660 and Exclusive £1045,you pay £385.

DumfriesDik
                    Participant

It seems to be fluid, see what I did there, as my previous Mazda had the Soul Red paint which was premium and didn’t cost anything extra.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

ostberry
                      Participant

I have just ordered a Skoda Karoq. I wanted the premium paint and was prepared to pay the difference, about £400. The salesman phoned motability and says he was told I had to pay the full price, around £1000.  I don’t understand it, surely the resale value after the lease expires would have been greater. BTW I declined and have settled for metallic silver. Only good news is the AP has dropped by £500 in Q2 so I will be contacting the dealer shortly.

Glos Guy
                        Participant

I have just ordered a Skoda Karoq. I wanted the premium paint and was prepared to pay the difference, about £400. The salesman phoned motability and says he was told I had to pay the full price, around £1000. I don’t understand it, surely the resale value after the lease expires would have been greater. BTW I declined and have settled for metallic silver. Only good news is the AP has dropped by £500 in Q2 so I will be contacting the dealer shortly.

Interesting. I wonder if this is yet another policy change (like the reduction in the maximum lease extension to 6 months) that has slipped in under the radar?

Robert88
                          Participant

Good luck with trying to get the lower AP doesn’t work for everyone I’ve had vehicles from 3 different dealerships who have point blank refused  to alter paperwork and say it’s against motability regulations. Next time I renew I’ll ask dealer first if they will alter paperwork if AP drops if not I’ll keep trying other dealerships till I get one that will.

ostberry
                            Participant

Robert88, I placed the order two weeks ago anticipating that there may be a price change. I asked the salesman if he would be able to reorder, he said if the price changed he would contact me if I didn’t contact him first,, which was always going to be the case. I will contact him tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

wmcforum
                              Which Mobility Car

Good luck with trying to get the lower AP doesn’t work for everyone I’ve had vehicles from 3 different dealerships who have point blank refused to alter paperwork and say it’s against motability regulations. Next time I renew I’ll ask dealer first if they will alter paperwork if AP drops if not I’ll keep trying other dealerships till I get one that will.

This is the very best advice.

NanasRob71
                                Participant

Interesting. I wonder if this is yet another policy change (like the reduction in the maximum lease extension to 6 months) that has slipped in under the radar?

When did this happen? Is this official? The Motability website just says ‘You may be able extend your lease’, but doesn’t say how long for.

Sigh, thats a huge shame if so.

Participant

All Toyota premium colours are free I didn’t have one had silver just ordered new Chr will put thread on later just got home

Jackdaw1966
                                    Participant

The lease extension rules make most of the cars i’d bother with on the scheme unviable. I’d  be prepared to stump up 6 to 7 K AP for a car over 5 years but not 3.   I currently drive a Rav4 on the scheme on an extended lease  and  the new AP on that is now 8K and the other option of the CRV has just jumped to the same  this quarter.  I don’t want a pure EV yet and that seems to be the way this scheme is heading so I’ll probably look elsewhere when I come to  change next year.

Vinnie
                                      Participant

Got the sterling silver on my Bz4x and didn’t pay anything extra for paint, said all paints are included with Toyota.

Glos Guy
                                        Participant

When did this happen? Is this official? The Motability website just says ‘You may be able extend your lease’, but doesn’t say how long for. Sigh, thats a huge shame if so.

This is covered on other threads, but when I called Motability a few weeks ago I was told that they have recently changed their policy and 2 year extensions will only be allowed on cars that have done less than 20,000 miles over 3 years or have “substantial adaptations”. Our car has no adaptations and has done 25,000 miles. I was told that we would therefore only be able to extend for 6 months maximum. However, some forum members have managed to get 2 year extensions in recent weeks on cars that don’t meet the new criteria, so the new policy is not being consistently applied. This is probably due to a transition period, so anyone ordering a new car now would be foolish to do so assuming that they can keep the car for 5 years IMO, unless they have substantial adaptations or are a very low mileage user.

ostberry
                                          Participant

Robert88, just got back from Skoda Derby, spoke to Luke who did the original order. Five minutes later he had reordered the same car. £500 saved. Happy bunny!

warpig
                                            Participant

My dealer emailed me to say he had reduced the AP without me even asking him, did the same in January, great dealership.

Robert88
                                              Participant

Ostberry,well done 👍

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.