Other possible vehicle types

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TonyD 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110109 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

I have seen people mention pickups but the other vehicle type I’d be interested in seeing on motability would be a 5 seat combi van like a VW Transporter. I know the shuttle is on the scheme but I’d be paying for 8 seats i just don’t need. I do need 5 seats for family and a huge boot for guide dog and stuff.

So why no combi vans? Is it the commercial thing again? Would have thought they would be good for a few different disabilities.

Current car VW Touran 1.4tsi SEL in Caribbean blue with storm grey interior.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110113 Reply

John

Good lord is your dog a pony?lol. My guide dog William is the smallest one I’ve had he is my third. Current car is Skoda Surperb but my next one will be the aheem… Tiguan I like it has rear climate controll

#110131 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

Good lord is your dog a pony?lol. My guide dog William is the smallest one I’ve had he is my third. Current car is Skoda Surperb but my next one will be the aheem… Tiguan I like it has rear climate controll

Lol. He’s a 30kg lab/retriever.

I have a VW Touran which we got before the dog came along. Its s good size 7 seater which for normal day to day is perfect. But we went to the beach a couple of weeks ago with winter coats and dog stuff and the car seemed rather small and cramped. I was wondering how we would manage on our Easter hols but thats cancelled now so I’ll never know.

#110147 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

What about something like a Caddi Life, or the XL version of the Berlingo/Combo/Partner?

#110148 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

What about something like a Caddi Life, or the XL version of the Berlingo/Combo/Partner?

They seem to have the people carry version of the vans on scheme but not the combi versions.

Really like the new Caddy Mk6 due this October though.

For me not drastically larger then what we already have.

Transporter shuttle is huge which would put people off but for us it might be the way to go. Otherwise would need trailers and roof box’s for hols and trips out. (Thinking of the future obviously.)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  NewYork1.

#110151 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

You could always remove the third row of seats in the Shuttle, that way the dog would have the advantage of windows to look out of.

#110155 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

You could always remove the third row of seats in the Shuttle, that way the dog would have the advantage of windows to look out of.

That would be spoiling him. Yep already thought about that and what i would for hols. The issue is I’d want the Caravele not the Shuttle if it was my choice not withstanding what the scheme provides.

Peugeot Traveler also looks worth considering but with such huge APs are they worth it?

#110173 Reply

Richard

We travelled in a Citroen Spacetourer on holiday it’s their version of the Traveller same as Toyota have the Proace verso & they are REALLY nice if you need 6/7/8 seats AND luggage space that’s what you want.

Have got my eye on the APs if they ever drop to sensible levels then I’m in. Nothing else on the scheme can touch my Chrysler Grand Voyager right now for space & practicality & affordability.

Have successfully taken 3 kids, 2 adults (Inc me) 2 German Shepherds (one 34kg one 42kg) 2 mobility scooters, luggage & food on holiday & everyone still travelled comfortably.

I really don’t understand why everything is going backwards 7 seaters get smaller & smaller or they do 7 seats or 5 & luggage. My Grand Voyager is from 2005 & the rear 5 seats all fold flat into the floor turning it into a van, all 5 rear seats are full adult sized not just for kids, the sliding doors & boot are electric, full leather interior. They could that in 2005 & yet now its largely gotten worse. Wish they’d bring the new Grand Voyager over here I’d love a new one on motability. It even goes like stink with a 2.8 diesel auto.

I am actively looking at the Traveller & Spacetourer though if the higher trim ones ever drop to affordable levels I’m in (I’d prefer the citroen tho) the Traveller Business just looks a bit light on spec for several thousand ap for my liking.

#110181 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

I personally think American mini vans are cool. Honda Odyssey for example. it is a shame the UK market has no interest in these.

I like the spacetourer too, we’ve had a couple of picasso’s and never had any proplems. Nice comfy cars.

At present the Peugeot Traveller Allure looks the best spec for price to me at AP 5k. If I consider one it’d have to be a 5 year lease to justify the outlay but think I’d be happy with that.

#110182 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Its a pity the Ssangyong Turismo came off the scheme, full seating for 7 and luggage space, but not the sky high AP of the minibuses. Drove well, plenty of power and pretty well specced in top trim with 4 wheel drive thrown in.

The demise of the MPV for SUV’s is a pain if you need plenty of seats AND luggage space. I am on my 4th MPV, an S-Max, it may well end up my last.

My wife’s last guide dog may as well have been a pony, 44kg of an oversized flat coat retriever, he grew too big for his original intended recipient & at the Guide dog open days he was always the biggest dog there. He was the first dog we’ve had that could put its head on a kitchen table without stretching. A big lad, lovely dog, sadly died early with cancer. Her current dog is a 27kg lab/retriever.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#110201 Reply

TonyD

One of these would be nice : eBay number 202918469098.

The Royal Lounge version is 4-seat, with electric curtains in the rear, a bar, fridge, and 22″ pop-up TV.

Royal Lounge

#110209 Reply

JS

@tonyD

Oh wouldn’t that be nice. lol you must have the virus, I didn’t realise delusion was one of the symptoms. I always opt for the forward facing seats where possible it seams strange and weirdly vulnerable when rear facing (or maybe that’s just me)

#110218 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

I know petrol prices have fallen, so we can all dream big, but a 3.5 V6 auto…lol.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#110262 Reply

TonyD

@abercol
    The car I have is a 3.5 V6 auto- Lexus RX350. I constantly get just over 25mpg, and do about 6-7,000 a year. Quite happy with that, considering you see some figures reported on the Ford Kuga not much better than that – and with modern technology, not in a 2008 model.

@JS

That interior is from a car for sale at £6,995.

#110271 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Surely this would be big enough for you?

That’s the old boot liner from my Alhambra, as you can see the boot is massively bigger in every way with huge headroom.

#110277 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

Citroen Belingo XL?

I know what your saying but again its not drastically bigger then the Touran. Though not seen one in person to fully appreciate what space is on offer.

Its one of those were I only need it to be like it for 10% of the year. For short trips could make do with many  cars. Its just holidays were two weeks clothes a giant tent and accessories really fill the car. But this is the style of holiday we like and because the wife works at school and gets lots of hols, we can get away a lot reasonable cheaply. So the car becomes a major part of the holiday equation.

As said the other option would be towing a trailer. But then there’s buying a trailer, storing a trailer etc. Not to mention the wife would have to learn to tow.

#110280 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I had the Alhambra before the Peugeot Rifter LWB and as the Touran is about 10% smaller than the Alhambra/Sharan then I can tell you it is quite a lot bigger than the Touran when it comes to interior and boot space, even the 2 3rd row seats can fit 2 adults in easily with loads of space and legroom/headroom and the AP’s are way less than the minibus types.

#110283 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

It is one I will definitely like to check out.

I’m not a fan of SUV’s I like MPVs. Just like playing with seating arrangements and the tardis like space in them.

Its a good predicament to be in at the end of the day and car configurators can pass a lot of time.

#110288 Reply

TonyD

For the type of vehicle desired by NewYork1 (and others), would it not be possible for Motability to arrange supply of the appropriate vehicle from the WAV list – but without any of the WAV conversions, and then at the appropriate AP ?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Other possible vehicle types

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: