Online buying

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166663 Reply
    Summer

Has anyone been scammed online when buying products? I’ve just bought some apple airpods on ebay off a private seller and the seller seems young. I’ve sent the money and hopefully they turn up. Does anyone know what i could do if they don’t turn up? How hard it is to get money back after filing a dispute/ do the police ever investigate to help victims? I rarely buy online due to untrusty sellers. What’s your overall experience shopping on places like ebay?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166674 Reply
    bobscot

eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing. Unless you can prove outright fraud I believe the police will just say it’s a civil matter. I wouldn’t ever pay direct into anyone’s bank account though and would use paypal.

#166678 Reply
    joss

@bobscot excellent advice there bob. Personally, I have been on ebay for many years and have never had a problem buying of selling. My mantra is if it don’t look right or raises your suspicions, then walk away.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Online buying
Your information: