Numbers on the scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    EVman

Am I understanding it correctly, did 300 Vauxhall’s drop off the scheme? If they did why isn’t everyone talking about it?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Nobody is talking about it possibly because Vauxhall aren’t making particularly good cars these days and when you can get a BMW or Mercedes for the same price………

Also the new Astra is due so maybe they’re having a big restructure of their entire Motabilty offer ready for release.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

jamesg

Just  found  notebook  from  about 5  years  ago   Vauxhall   456   cars  on  scheme  ?   I just thought   113  cars on scheme today shows  which direction the cars on scheme  is going   while they carry on with there self  imposed  caps ?

Brydo
          Participant

It would be interesting to hear from WMC about the direction the scheme is going. It’s clear that the cap will need revisiting or we will end up with very few cars on the scheme. It should be noted the cap is discretionary as we have cars over the cap on the scheme just now, Tiguan for one.

The cap obviously serves a purpose for motability, probably to keep uninformed readers of the daily mail off their back, but it is clear it is, in itself, becoming a major problem for us and motability.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
            Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Participant

I wouldn’t have thought the cap was a massive issue for Vauxhall, they make plenty below it.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

JS
              Participant

Maybe not the cap but has anyone checked if these vehicles are the latest what ever it is thats taken over from WLTP, if not vauxhall(sorry dealership) will be penalised 3% of the basic price, this will cost dealership more than they claim to be paid by Motability so may of asked vauxhall to remove them. I am making certain assumptions but thier will be a genuine explanation behind it. It may be part of an overall picture where tied or franchised vauxhall dealers are not willing to take the hit, this will result in big discounts from the manufacturers for existing cars for retail sales and dealerships, Motability wise from a dealerships point of view the X amount they make they will be willing for everyone to factory order latest model and not take a penalty. We may not see a return to the scheme until old stock has reduced.

I may be totally off course, as it’s only my opinion but one thing for sure will be it’s part of a bigger picture and an advantage to either the dealerships or manufacturers not Motability.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.