No Quarter 2

This topic contains 44 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  PSXCAR 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110376 Reply

Matt England

I don’t think there will be a quarter 2 price list. I received a letter informing me my lease has been extended 6 months this means I now order in quarter 3.

I had placed my order with dealer with all relevant information to place order for 29th march. But even this had been cancelled.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110378 Reply

Mike

That’s a shame Matt I was looking forward to it got my eye on the Hyundai hybrids

#110380 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I ordered a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in late March the dealer has even the chassis no, I have not received a letter from Motability to date, but there is still time. I have paid Podpoint £290.00 (they require payment upfront before an application) completed the grant  paperwork, they were due to install the EV charger on the 20th March but cancelled on the morning, they rescheduled the installation for the 21st April, but recently announced all installation will be suspended until further notice.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#110381 Reply

Macca

On the motability website :

“What will happen with Advance Payments?

We will publish our new prices for April to June 2020 on 1 April 2020 as normal to allow you to browse our website, you will not however be able to place an application for any new car until the Government restrictions have been relaxed.”

#110383 Reply

Mike

That’s great Macca cheers

#110388 Reply

Matt England

My Order date was the 29th, i received the letter this morning saying all cars due to be replaced have been extended 6 months. No mention of an earlier order date etc. so Q2 list can be published but i suspect no one will be able to order from it and if so Motability customers will be at the back of the queue.

#110398 Reply

Mike

Matt I look forward to reading the Q2 list and so do many others

#110400 Reply

Footloose

Hi all,

I am due to select a vehicle from June however rather than put a dampener on it I feel it’s more important to get over the current situation for as long as that takes and I am happy to keep my current vehicle for the length of time that takes but like most of us enjoy the normality where possible in discussing the vehicles currently available or that may come on the scheme..stay safe 👍

#110412 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I ordered a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in late March the dealer has even the chassis no, I have not received a letter from Motability to date, but there is still time. I have paid Podpoint £290.00 (they require payment upfront before an application) completed the grant paperwork, they were due to install the EV charger on the 20th March but cancelled on the morning, they rescheduled the installation for the 21st April, but recently announced all installation will be suspended until further notice.

Just an amendment I placed my order late February, not late March.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#110415 Reply

Beau

We ordered  21st of March and Motability tracker states it’s all been approved.

We we lucky we thought as we had a build of this week but the factory is closed but it will be one of the first built upon their return…will we get a letter cancelling it even though it was approved last week.

#110430 Reply

Flushbsr

So we have ordered the new Bmw 1 series late Jan, we where told collection 21 April however with all dealers closed up shop, we have yesterday got a message being told that their could be a delay receiving the car and if this becomes the case then our existing vehicle will just get extended for up to 6 months.

#110435 Reply

Philjb

Perfect time to add a few Porsche 911’s. BMW M3’s any other dream cars all at £0 AP as we won’t be able to order anyway.

#110437 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

Lets kick start the british economy once all this is over, with the new Landrover Defender 110 on the scheme. My new current dream car.

Current car VW Touran 1.4tsi SEL in Caribbean blue with storm grey interior.

#110440 Reply

Philjb

Why not also support our Italian friends who have suffered greatly, let’s have the Lamborghini urus on the scheme.

#110451 Reply

Craig

Let’s have the first Ferrari on the scheme 😂

#110776 Reply

Matt England

I hate being right but i did Warn this was coming. As for a next car New Land Rover 110 County would do us fine.

#110778 Reply

roly
    Participant

There is a glimmer of hope for those who are within the last 3 months of their existing lease and have already got a confirmed order in the system. This in the FAQ on Motability site:

I have placed an application, will the handover of my car go ahead?

Following the Government’s latest announcement, the network of dealerships who help to supply the Scheme has now been forced to closed. If you are currently already a customer with a car on the Scheme your lease will automatically be extended for a further six months and you will also automatically receive a Certificate of Motor Insurance or a temporary cover note from RSA Motability (RSAM) covering this six-month period.  If Government advice changes and your dealership re-opens earlier than this, then you can contact your dealer at this time to arrange an earlier handover.

#110816 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

On the motability website : “What will happen with Advance Payments? We will publish our new prices for April to June 2020 on 1 April 2020 as normal to allow you to browse our website, you will not however be able to place an application for any new car until the Government restrictions have been relaxed.”

Sadly, it’s a complete U-Turn For Motability on this. Sad in that, for many of us, it’s going to leave a huge hole in the day of browsing at a time when we really need all of the time fillers possible. 😔

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#110818 Reply

Macca

I guess it just shows how changeable things are during these uncertain times eh?

#110834 Reply

JS

Indeed Macca. And so far I think Motability have shown great resilience and prompt at moving within the turbulent times they find themselves in, with over 600,000 customers on their books I’m sure the board are watching very intently as it could be very costly for a company of its size.

#110846 Reply

Macca

To be honest, i’m quite relaxed about the scheme situation. It will be updated when possible, and until then its business as usual in the current car. Or should I say parked up outside of the house as usual.

#110864 Reply

sikez
    Participant

With leases being extended, If you were close to the 60k mileage limit and within the next 6mths of the lease you went over 60k would you be liable for the excess mileage?

many thanks.

#110869 Reply

rox
    Participant

With leases being extended, If you were close to the 60k mileage limit and within the next 6mths of the lease you went over 60k would you be liable for the excess mileage? many thanks.

surely you’d get another 10k for the 6 months extention but worth contacting mb about.. I’m at just under 40k and my 3 years is up on 15th of april. So they click 20k

#110884 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Bit of an awkward question here.

An acquaintance contacted me yesterday asking if I knew what the procedure was for someone on the scheme who is due to give car back on 1st April (not an April fool) as the dealers are all shut and there is nowhere to take it back to!

It’s odd in the fact that he’s never let on he was on the scheme & has asked not to tell anyone but he was giving the car back and going to use his partners car as he needed the money, now he’s stuck with a car he doesn’t want or need and is still paying for it as well.

I told him to ring Mota but all they said was it was extended for 6 months, I think he maybe didn’t explain the issue properly as he does have a tendency to lose his rag easily and I’m no help as I just laugh my ass off whenever he goes ballistic (can’t help it honestly).

Any ideas apart from calling Mota again?

#110887 Reply

Macca

He can use the live chat to fully explain, that way theres time to consider whats being written before sending or reacting. It surely then becomes motability’s issue to advise when he can return it, or when they can have it collected from him

#110888 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

He’s not very good with technology, I got this information screamed at me down the phone.

I know he’s not angry with me so I just kinda ignore the shouting and try to decipher what he means but I do struggle holding in the giggles.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
Reply To: No Quarter 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: