New Bathroom

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joss 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #119080 Reply

joss
    Participant

Last week work started on a totally new bathroom look. Out with the old, In with the new.

Old bathroom was totally gutted out. Back to bare walls.  All that was left was the toilet. Could not be doing with out the loo could we.

So here are a few pictures I grabbed on my phone. What do you think?

Cost: £4.200.00

Cost of Tiles: £800.00 which included adhesive, Grout, fixing beads.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #119085 Reply

Georgie

Nice.  Uncluttered.  I particularly like the sink.  You might be spending a lot of time keeping those tiles clean, though. 🙂  Are they continuing up to the ceiling, or will you be using a second type of tile for contrast?

I know they’re not part of the new bathroom, per se, but I love those windows.  Ours are just knobbly, but those are a rather nice.

#119106 Reply

Tharg

Looks brilliant, Joss. Love the neat, clean look. No silly frilly bits. Very Bauhaus. Dead jealous – have to do same exercise here when circ’s permit. If ours is half as good as yours, will be well pleased.

#119131 Reply

joss
    Participant

Nice. Uncluttered. I particularly like the sink. You might be spending a lot of time keeping those tiles clean, though. 🙂 Are they continuing up to the ceiling, or will you be using a second type of tile for contrast? I know they’re not part of the new bathroom, per se, but I love those windows. Ours are just knobbly, but those are a rather nice.

Thanks Georgie.

The sink is nice though a bit to small in hindsight.

Yeah the wall tiles are very high gloss so yeah will need to keep on top of them. Always dry the shower and walls with a small hand towel after use.

Yes Georgie, the wall tiles go from floor to ceiling. The Pictures don’t really show that to well. Look at the 3rd picture down. It shows the tiles meeting the ceiling line. The ceiling is of the cladding type and fitted with 5 LED down lights.

We had the windows down 4 years ago. We chose that pattern (Pilkington Everglade™  ) on the glass as it has the highest opacity. level 5

The Mirror is LED illuminated and has full Bluetooth connectivity. So can listen to quality music while bathing.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  joss.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119138 Reply

joss
    Participant

Looks brilliant, Joss. Love the neat, clean look. No silly frilly bits. Very Bauhaus. Dead jealous – have to do same exercise here when circ’s permit. If ours is half as good as yours, will be well pleased.

Cheers Tharg

It was a project that had been a long time coming to fruition.  Saving up. Finding the right guy to do the job.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119167 Reply

motanewbie
    Participant

Hello, I’m brand new here. *waves*

Your bathroom looks amazing. It’s absolutely beautiful. Love everything, especially the tiles at the shower. Your sink is exactly what I’m looking for, as my current sink is far, far too big. Would have had the bathroom done already but Covid came along…now, I’m not well enough to deal with it being done atm.

I’m amazed at the price, wow! I’m in Scotland and mine is not a big bathroom, I keep getting quotes of £6-8,000 and since I just want a nice bath, shower and sink with a cupboard (it’s already all tiled) I absolutely love that you got yours done for far less.

I use one of those telescopic rectangular (one side shaggy, one side towel material) floor mops to clean the tiles, especially the top ones, to make them sparkle. It’s not that I’m lazy, more that a shower or bath is exhausting work for me, so I have a mop just for drying those tiles, really fast.

Re: those windows, gorgeous!

Enjoy that beauty of a bathroom!

Cara : )

#119197 Reply

joss
    Participant

Hello and welcome to WMC forums Cara.

Cara I spent a lot of time looking for someone local and had good reviews etc.  Ian came highly recommend.

Just one guy on his own did everything in 7 days. So look for local trades men. Don’t go for national companies. Use google to search for local Bathroom fitters/plumbers. Make sure they have got the experience to do the job You want.

£6-8k seems a lot so get plenty quotes. As I have mentioned above. A one man band working for himself is the way to go Cara.

Glad you like the windows  and thanks for the mop/tile cleaner suggestion. I will look into that.

Where in Scotland ? I was Born in Hamilton a long time ago.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119216 Reply

martino

Joss can i ask who you chose tiles instead of wet wall, everyone is sort of going for wet wall because im told there is no leaks , but i actually would prefer tiles i think it looks nicer

i was thinking of a wet room

#119256 Reply

joss
    Participant

@martino

If I was going for a wet room, then I might of considered a wet wall system. However. Tiles do a great job when applied correctly, using the correct adhesives and grouts. Plus Tiles are more ascetically pleasing.

Wet-walls tend to used more in the commercial section. Wet walls where designed for modular construction, such as hospitals, hotels, and cruise liner cabins. That is to say, Mass produced.

Its up to each individuals preference. Plus and minus for both systems.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#119278 Reply

Brydo

Joss it looks great mate 👍

#119291 Reply

Ade

Get one of those magic mops fro drying the tiles – easy peasy, it takes 2 mins.

The bathroom looks excellent, very very neat. Sparkly shiny!!

#119304 Reply

joss
    Participant

Thanks Brydo. On it later for the magic mop Ade cheers.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: New Bathroom

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: