new application wait time

• This topic has 12 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Daf.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #127801 Reply
    steve

Just wondering if anyone knows how long the current wait is for a new application checks with motability

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127808 Reply
    Zoe

A few days usually

#127810 Reply
    Daf

I was told yesterday the DWP are taking 10 days to confirm the applicant complies with their criteria. All down to Covid apparently.

#127829 Reply
    Newbie1892

Wow I must be a lucky one then, I placed my order for a new vehicle on a Thursday with the dealership, by Friday morning I received my order number from the sales lady.

Im unsure as whether being existing customer helped with completing the checks but I was shocked 😮 not even 1 day and application was successful.

#127845 Reply
    steve

Thanks for the responses I’ve heard everything from a couple of days to 10 working days hoping it isn’t that long

#127896 Reply
    Daf

Steve I think if like me you are making your first application the process does take a lot longer than for existing Motability customers. My Kia dealership put the application in on Thursday 8th October but have still not heard anything. Hope you will have better luck.

#127897 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

For you guys playing the waiting game you can check your application progress if you create a Motability account using your member number.

https://www.motability.co.uk/your-lease/scheme-online-account/

#127911 Reply
    Chris-83

Chris-k thank you for that link. I ordered a car thursday at 4pm, and the rep said you’ll need to wait 7-10 days.

But just checked and my application has been approved. 👍

#127912 Reply
    Mike Charles

Ordered 3pm Tuesday 20th Oct and was approved earlier today 24th Oct. First time motabilty customer.

#127917 Reply
    Daf

Great news Mike well done. Another of my theories bites the dust lol!

#127921 Reply
    Mike Charles

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Daf, I was really tempted by the Kia Soul and still am! just the AP was too much, so went for a seat ateca. But the Kia soul is still in back of my mind telling me to cancel the seat order and just go for it lol! The whole changing over to EV excites me. 🙂 I’ve been trying to work out the sums to see if I’ll make the ap back by changing to electric.</p>

#127931 Reply
    steve

Application got approved yesterday morning it was submitted on the 22nd, now just waiting on the car

#127941 Reply
    Daf

Hi Mike, have you had a drive of the Soul yet? It really is easy to drive and if you like a little speed it certainly can supply it. It’s a real shame the ap is so big otherwise a lot more people would be going for it. Having said that the Seat Ateca is a terrific car as well. From what I’ve seen the cost of EV is about a third of the cost of a ICE vehicle so there should be considerable savings. Good luck with your choice mate.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: new application wait time
Your information: