New 2021 Volkswagen ID.4: all-electric SUV teased in revealing image

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #97699 Reply

Brydo

New all-electric Volkswagen ID.4 SUV will be based on the MEB platform and will follow the new ID.3 hatchback into showrooms
    Our spy photographers have caught the all-electric Volkswagen ID.4 SUV wearing minimal camouflaged during its winter development programme. The German brand’s new MEB-based SUV will reach UK showrooms in summer 2021, where it will act as a rival to the Tesla Model Y, Hyundai Kona Electric and Kia e-Niro.

These latest spy shots give us our best indication yet of the new SUV’s styling. There are clear nods to the ID.3 in its design, with Volkswagen making a conscious effort to pen a coherent design language for its electric car line-up. As such, the ID.4 shares a similar rear lighting configuration and comparable silhouette to its hatchback sibling.

The Volkswagen ID.4 has adopted a more conventional look than its precursor, the ID. Crozz concept, which first appeared at the 2017 Shanghai Motor Show. The concept’s coupe-inspired rear liftback has been ditched in favour of a practical tailgate, while its missing B-pillars and wing mirrors have been reinstated.

Some of the concept’s design features have been retained, though. Volkswagen’s trademark “ID.” daytime running lights, LED headlights and blanked-off radiator grille feature relatively unchanged, as does the concept’s raked windscreen and rugged black plastic mouldings for the wheel arches and side skirts.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/99169/new-2021-volkswagen-id4-all-electric-suv-teased-in-revealing-image

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #97958 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Another one that will be over the BHP cap.

#97970 Reply

brydo

Yes Elliot and that’s something motability will need to change.

#97987 Reply

Philjb

Plus they’ve made it with a sloping roof line so the boot probably  won’t be very big, It’s not exactly ground breaking in looks but I like that.
    I don’t want a look at me car living in London it attracts the wrong kind of attention.

#98009 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Not sure why VW are using a picture of a Vauxhall Grandland X?

#98061 Reply

Philjb

The Vauxhall actually looks better, even though I hated it when I tested one.
    Anyway with 302 hp it’s never going to get on the scheme, even if it’s within the price range.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: New 2021 Volkswagen ID.4: all-electric SUV teased in revealing image

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: