motability the big even

• Creator
    Topic
  • #178495 Reply
    martinod

i got an email about motability the big event birmingham 21 may

will it be fun or a waste of time

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #178496 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

…or will it be cancel. 😁😒

#178498 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

Heard this year they’re booking a concessions stand instead of a large hall.

#178499 Reply
    X

Got me confused a little then. Then realised you meant “The Big Event” not “The Big Even” 🤦🏻‍♂️

#178501 Reply
    martinod

didnt notice sorry yes

BIG EVENT

#178521 Reply
    Jojoe

Has anyone ever been to one of these? Are they worth attending? We almost went a couple of years ago.

#178551 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Martinod it will probably be on then off then on again before the actual date 😂😂😂

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#178552 Reply
    Warkman

Went to the last Birmingham one, it was good. Big selection of suppliers and cars/WAVs, plus the ability to test drive some cars

well worth going /

#178553 Reply
    martinod

just because theres not many cars on the scheme is seams pointless

brydo hows the new car is it better

#178571 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I have been to some shows over the years. Mainly to drive cars that I wouldn’t normally have a chance to do so. The biggest surprise was the original Nissan Micra, what a hoot. Didn’t get one mind.

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#178589 Reply
    Jojoe

We had the Nissan Micra back in the 90’s. Nice to drive with the CVT box, but lack of power steering meant it was very heavy to steer.

#178595 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Get it next week martinod 🤞

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#178603 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I went to the Manchester one about 8 years ago but only because it tied in with visiting my grandson who was at Uni there.

Went to the Exeter one about 5 years ago but only as I was passing that way going on holiday in Dawlish. However it did mean I could test drive the Ford Kuga that I was interested in at the time along with fitting a hoist to the car.

Just happened the demonstrator for Brig Ayd was using a Kuga for the demo and my scooter would not fit so was the end of Kuga and arriving at the show 4 hour before the close of play for a test drive of the adapted Kuga was a waste of time too as it was fully booked.

So overall it’s sort of OK but wouldn’t go out of my way to visit one even with the chance of winning an iPad.

Oh forgot, I also when to a none Motability show, can’t remember the organisers now but think they have stopped doing shows, at Silverstone that was better organised than the Motability ones IMO and gave the chance to try a few scooters and show my grandson around the F1 pits and racing track there.

#178651 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

I went to one in Bluewater, Kent 6-7 years ago, was very useful to try my son in various wheelchair accessible vans. Helped us make the choice for the then next vehicle .

#178652 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

We went to one in Edinburgh some years ago, it was pretty packed. Was a good way to get the wife to try out my shortlist of cars as most were there, and we could drop the ones she didn’t like off the list & concentrate on the ones she did like.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#178655 Reply
    Rhodgie
    Participant

I went to the Edinburgh one a few years ago, it was good having lots of different cars all under the one roof and most of the sales people there were able to answer questions. So if you’re near change over time and torn between a few cars then yes… but given how quickly the availability of vehicles is changing how can they plan which cars to actually bring 🤷‍♂️

Also gives you a chance to speak directly to a motability staff member and moan about the declining numbers, increasing AP, extra costs for an auto, excessive staff bonus payments etc… not that it’ll make a difference but at least you can do it in person 🤣

In short it’s a day out but not worth making special arrangements to attend and if you miss it then no big deal (unless you’re days away from reordering?)

#178657 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

but given how quickly the availability of vehicles is changing how can they plan which cars to actually bring 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they’ll just bring the three wheeler and be done with it.😁

#178686 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

I went to the Edinburgh one a few years ago

I remember a fat bloke with no legs on a trike at that one!

I am always impressed with the WAV’s at what they can build and adapt. Not been to a show for a while though.

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: motability the big even
Your information: