Motability show

• Creator
    Topic
  • #185677 Reply
    Nick

The Nissan Ariya is on show at this weekends motability show at the Nec Birmingham?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185711 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car
    #185727 Reply
    Asbo man

Is it available on the scheme?

#185729 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Nissan Ariya

No and with a starting price of £42k I can’t see it joining ant time soon. I does seem strange that Nissan are showing it at a Motability event. I guess it will draw people to their stand.

#185730 Reply
    Belfast4

All the more reason why no one should go near their stand.

#185732 Reply
    shoecake

why not – 42k isnt that bad, some people dont mind banging down a hefty AP

the electric ds4 is a 40k+ car and potentially its on the list.

I dont really car how big the AP is, if i have the spare cash its still a cheap way of getting a nice car.

#185731 Reply
    Asbo man

well that’s a bad Idea because I was going to drive 250 miles and get up early tomorrow to view it test drive and possibly get one but now I know it’s a waste of time I won’t bother and it’s put right of Nissan well done

#185740 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

why not – 42k isnt that bad, some people dont mind banging down a hefty AP the electric ds4 is a 40k+ car and potentially its on the list. I dont really car how big the AP is, if i have the spare cash its still a cheap way of getting a nice car.

The likely reason the DS4 electric is on the scheme is because the DS4 on the scheme that starts below the price cap, which makes it possible for manufacturers to list the particular model over the cap.

I’m not sure what the latest price cap is .

#185741 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

well that’s a bad Idea because I was going to drive 250 miles and get up early tomorrow to view it test drive

It is not available to test drive, only the Leaf is. Here are the list of vehicles available to test drive.

https://motabilityonebigday.co.uk/news/the-big-event-full-list-of-cars-on-display-and-test-drive/

#185742 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Ive never been to the big event and with the price of fuel won’t be going this year either. Its a 5hr round trip for me and apart from mobility issues my daughter, she also has autism so wouldn’t be suitable to take her.

Other than seeing all manufacturers under one roof, what other benifits are there in going. Do you get a discount on the AP if you order on the day etc.

#185751 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi kezo

From memory I think you get a free cup of tea and a Motability pen to fill out the form to enter your chance of winning an iPad… oh and a key ring from Brig-Ayd.😊

The only thing that useful for myself is the ability to drive cars with adaptions though you’d be very lucky to get one in a car of interest and having turned up at the Exeter show a few years ago 4 or 5 hours before the close of play all the slots for driving an adapted Ford Kuga were taken for that year.

It’s not to bad a day out if you don’t have to travel far but like you said with today’s fuel price its not worth, in my case, spending £40 to £50 worth going to a show. That said with the Exeter one I just happened to be passing the show that weekend on the way to my holiday and that was the last show there before the 2 year close down.

#185757 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

If the list of cars was over 2k like it used to be I may have gone but currently there is nothing on the list that remotely interests me. I think it’s now an event that is more suited for those people requiring adaptations etc or for those who are interested in what’s left on the scheme. I’ll be surprised if that many people turn up to it.

#185762 Reply
    Retro89
    Participant

Going tomorrow, all the cars i’m interested in are there so thought it was worth the hour journey to have a look at them all rather than travelling to multiple dealerships.

#185766 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Nissan Ariya

No and with a starting price of £42k I can’t see it joining ant time soon. I does seem strange that Nissan are showing it at a Motability event. I guess it will draw people to their stand.

I stand corrected, apparently it is coming to the scheme £6495 AP.

#185767 Reply
    Warkman

My &beer standing is the cars at the show are or will be available on the scheme.

#185776 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Nissan Ariya

Any news of its sister the Megan E Tech joining the scheme. I think its a far better car on the whole going by reviews

#185777 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hi kezo From memory I think you get a free cup of tea and a Motability pen to fill out the form to enter your chance of winning an iPad… oh and a key ring from Brig-Ayd.😊 The only thing that useful for myself is the ability to drive cars with adaptions though you’d be very lucky to get one in a car of interest and having turned up at the Exeter show a few years ago 4 or 5 hours before the close of play all the slots for driving an adapted Ford Kuga were taken for that year. It’s not to bad a day out if you don’t have to travel far but like you said with today’s fuel price its not worth, in my case, spending £40 to £50 worth going to a show. That said with the Exeter one I just happened to be passing the show that weekend on the way to my holiday and that was the last show there before the 2 year close down.

Not missing much by the sound of it 🙂

#185785 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Nissan Ariya

Ouch at the AP but a decent addition to the scheme.

#185835 Reply
    gillan

Motability show…….

#185840 Reply
    joss

@gillian very good 🤣🤣🤣Though its not really a laughing matter. Dire times.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185852 Reply
    Retro89
    Participant

Just got back from it. Think i spent about an hour looking around and left.

Saw the Ariya, very nice but 6K+ AP? Well above what i usually pay.

Had about 8 cars that i was interested in seeing and after i left that list is down to 3 (DS4, C4 and Puma)

I liked the Peugeot’s but they had one major issue, the tiny steering wheel. Couldn’t find a position where it doesn’t block the drivers display.

#185856 Reply
    Effkay
    Participant

Nissan Ariya

I thought the whole purpose of the cap they introduced a few years ago was to ensure “luxury” priced cars were not going to be on the scheme… or did i miss something?!

#185855 Reply
    martinod

if its at the show id say it must be coming  on  did they say if it was

as for price i have an xc60 65 plate and at the time it i got it it was £40,000 (£39995)

#185858 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Nissan Ariya

I thought the whole purpose of the cap they introduced a few years ago was to ensure “luxury” priced cars were not going to be on the scheme… or did i miss something?!

I wouldn’t exactly call a Nissan a luxury car. It’s that price due to it being an EV. The reviews of it I’ve seen are not great and I certainly wouldn’t be parting with £6.5k to get one.

#185859 Reply
    Effkay
    Participant

Nissan Ariya

I wouldn’t exactly call a Nissan a luxury car. It’s that price due to it being an EV. The reviews of it I’ve seen are not great and I certainly wouldn’t be parting with £6.5k to get one.

no no sorry I meant, few years ago they limited the amount of “luxury”  cars and brought in a cap to say you can only have a car if it is less than x amount….. but some of these new car prices are on par with luxury vehicles yet they still do not allow them back on the scheme?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Motability show
Your information: