Mg hs problems

• Creator
    Topic
  • #128365 Reply
    Tony

Ordered the new mg hs exclusive auto though mobility 4 days ago.. really thinking to cancel order as theres been so many problems with this model..

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128371 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I am never one to put someone off a vehicle because of my own taste etc but while they have a nice interior and appear well built I would steer well clear as they have so many problems that many dealers can’t fix and software updates that you have to pay for even not to mention the auto box that is junk straight out of the box.

In short, cancel and order something different, something that you have done a lot of research on at least and ask as many questions as you need.

#128384 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Well said vinalspin I totally agree

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#164003 Reply
    sue

Hi Tony,

Can you elaborate on what problems you have encountered, as I too am having great issues with this car.

I just need some back up.

Thank you.

#164004 Reply
    sue

Can you please give me some information on what you have experienced?

I am currently injured from a faulty function on my MG HS.

Thank you.

Sue.

#164006 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I would agree with the comments above. Some people rave about them, but if you have been used to driving around in an old car and it’s your first spanking new car it probably seems good! The standard equipment list is high, but it’s a case of ‘quantity over quality’.

I had one as a hire car when our last car had to go into the garage for a few days. You could tell that it’s built on a budget. To be fair, it wasn’t the worst car I have driven in recent years (that honour would go to the Vauxhall Mokka which I was also given as a hire car for a few days and couldn’t wait to hand back) but it is woefully behind the best in class.

One odd thing about the Motability scheme is that you can get some really good cars for around the same price as some really poor ones. This forum is a good form of research as we have probably driven thousands of different cars between us. I’ve probably driven a couple of hundred different cars myself!

Edit – just realised that this is a resurrected thread from last year. I was answering the OP’s question, which I thought had just been posted!

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    #184747 Reply
    Theresa

I received  my MG HS Executive  in Hanuary 2022.

Have been giving fewer problems with the electric boot, not closing.  It starts to go down and gets stuck  it went back to the garage and got re-programmed

Still not working properly, driving me up the walls.

Now the Sst NAV is not working properly either, keeps sending me to wring place, the electrics are switching off and now an orange triangle  is appearing in the dash, this is quite a series problems.

Went into garage they cant find any faults which is a joke

#184748 Reply
    Theresa

I received  my MG HS Executive  in January 2022.

Have been giving fewer problems with the electric boot, not closing.  It starts to go down and gets stuck  it went back to the garage and got re-programmed

Still not working properly, driving me up the walls.

Now the Sst NAV is not working properly either, keeps sending me to wring place, the electrics are switching off and now an orange triangle  is appearing in the dash, this is quite a series problems.

Went into garage they cant find any faults which is a joke

#184749 Reply
    Theresa
    1. Faulty Tail gate
    2. Faulty sat nav
    3. Orange triangle in dash board serious problems for my new 2022 HS MG Executive.

Been in garage 3 times already, they say they can’t find any faults. It’s been re-programmed but problems  still there, gad enough of this vehicle already

#185942 Reply
    John

My wife has an MG HS auto on Motability and we are going to hand the car back in the next few weeks as we are sick of the issues.

1. Auto box is rubbish, with erratic drive delivery from stationary. Quite dangerous when pulling out in traffic as it is all or nothing

2. Sat Nav and parking camera stop working a random intervals

3, Info center freezes whilst driving so you cannot change radio channel, change heating settings or get to the nav system

Total rubbish and worst car we have had on Motability

#185954 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

My wife has an MG HS auto on Motability and we are going to hand the car back in the next few weeks as we are sick of the issues. 1. Auto box is rubbish, with erratic drive delivery from stationary. Quite dangerous when pulling out in traffic as it is all or nothing 2. Sat Nav and parking camera stop working a random intervals 3, Info center freezes whilst driving so you cannot change radio channel, change heating settings or get to the nav system Total rubbish and worst car we have had on Motability

Have you spoke to Motability about it and requested a change of car.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Mg hs problems
Your information: