Mg hs

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Oscarmax 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #107651 Reply

Carl barker

Anyone got a mg he how it drives not anything thanks as kuga a bit rich for my taste

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107655 Reply

Mike

Carl look at honest John true mpg !

#107658 Reply

Dante

I’ve read lots of reviews via google, motoring press and there is an MG gS & HS owners Facebook page.
    ive always been a petrolhead & love the motoring press – whilst no expert I’m pretty up to date.
    I know quite a few don’t like the new MG’s but to each their own 🙂
    ive been doing my research and read almost every review – written & on social media – the MG HS is now top of my list for next car.

I’ve been to a few dealers too and it looks great in the metal with a more premium fit & feel than ever.
    Test drive booked this Friday 🙂 for the AP’s – even the top of the range ‘exclusive’ is amazing value. (Moreso after seeing the very hefty AP’s for new ford Kuga)

#107676 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Would be interested in what you think Dante, it’s caught my interest.

#107696 Reply

Mike

I saw a silver one yesterday brand it did look good yes I’ve read all the bad reviews etc I’d also be very interested what you think of it in person please put on here thankyou

#107697 Reply

Mike

Brand new

#107718 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Anyone got a mg he how it drives not anything thanks as kuga a bit rich for my taste

Forget all the so called road test reviews, all they seem interested in 0 -60 mph and how fast it can go around corners, all I can say is go and have a really good test drive and see how it suits you, if you are  two minds you can always go back and have another test drive.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#107766 Reply

72 dudes

I think the new HS looks great, much better than the ZS in my opinion.

However, before ordering, please head over to the Honest John forum and look at the posts by long term contributor oldroverboy.

He has just got rid of a ZS which he’s had for less than 2 years because of numerous electrical faults, warning lights, sensors etc. To be fair, the dealer has been very helpful but cannot get to the bottom of the problem.

To make matters worse, the company MG will not engage with customers, they just refer you back to the supplying dealer.

More worryingly, there are now several cases of corrosion on newish cars. Apparently MG use a film coating made by Henkel China, rather than galvanising the panels and chassis. Seems it’s not working too well.

So while their looks and interior quality have improved greatly, they are still budget cars in important fundamental areas.

Choose at your peril.

#107767 Reply

Mike

Oscarmax what do you say to that ?

#107780 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax what do you say to that ?

Oh dear, looks like the MGHS is pants, there was a bloke on the caravan site who kept trying to show me his MGZS, I could not really raise any interest.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#107781 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is more to one criteria to choose the best vehicle for you and your family. With leasing a car, one is more able to take risks that a straight purchase would not allow. Also Alfa Romeo and Fiat would be out of business if we all followed the journalists advice. Vive la difference.

#107783 Reply

Dante

I think one can make ones own judgement and decision on any new car or marquee – the motoring press is as varied and accurate as the bus stream press. A range of opinions and sources filtered can help one make an informed choice.
    ive done as much research and fact finding as possible

I’m ordering a new MG HS auto in exclusive trim next week 🙂

everyone is entities to their opinion and I respect that

and with a June delivery I’ll report back 🙂

#107786 Reply

Mike

Dante what is the advance payment ?

#107794 Reply

Mike T

I test drove the new MG HS on Tuesday for 3hrs. Had the exclusive manual as the auto demo had been sold. Been test driving many cars recently from XC40, X1, Peugeot 3008 and my initial feeling was that the MG Hs was far move premium than the others and excellent value for money. Tested the car on some very uneven roads and it just soaked up the bumps with ease. The deep red and black leather interior looked great as they showed me one from the stock area. Overall opinion was this car beats the other suvs hands down.

#107810 Reply

Mike

That’s good news forDante Mike

#107813 Reply

Mike

I must admit it does look nice 

#107815 Reply

Mike

#107816 Reply

mitch
    Participant

lets face it your leasing it for 3-5 years, any issues are an inconveniance but should be resolved by the dealer and not all if any issues experienced by others will affect your car. you can take that small risk that you wouldnt perhaps take if you were buying yourself. so long as the car your interested in does what you need and suits your disability i would go for it. esp if you want an ev given the huge ap’s on other models.

#107819 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Honest John forum slates the VW Tiguan, the majority of people buy them and have virtually or any problems at all, you never hear from the satisfied customer, only the ones who have problems, their opinions are therefore unbalanced. That is why I stated in a previous post got and test it yourself.

My criteria it must be easy to get in and out, accommodate my scooter, walker, all my caravan gear and tow a caravan, and most important my wife must like it.

#107822 Reply

Mike

I agree Oscar and Mitch to be quite honest I think the MG looks very nice especially in silver and I will have a test drive in the summer as a big dealer is only a mile from my spinal injuries hospital where I go for check up

#107827 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

I happen to pass the local MG dealer on the way into work. So, on the way home yesterday I popped in to have a look at the HS.

To be honest, I am not really looking for a new vehicle at the moment, however I was offered a short test drive in an automatic HS 1.5 Exclusive DCT. So, I took it for a 20-minute accompanied test drive.

To be honest, it isn’t going to win any drag races, but its performance was more than adequate. However, it was the finish and kit levels on the ‘Exclusive’ that really blew me away. It is just loaded with kit and very well put together. No rattles or hard plastics in eyeline. Everything worked fine and the driver’s seat very comfortable.

Overall, I was very impressed. The Exclusive DCT auto is certainly a lot of car for the £205 AP. It will be on my list come change time.

Dave

#107832 Reply

Mike

BigDave the DLA advance payment is £999 just looked at MG motability

#107835 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

BigDave the DLA advance payment is £999 just looked at MG motability

Out of habit, I only ever check WPMS. Even at your £999 it is still a lot of car for the money (obviously even more so at £205!).

#107968 Reply

Dante

Finally test drove the MG HS Auto in exclusive trim yesterday  – after looking at several, reading all the reviews / comparisons and MG owners forums etc… it drive great, very comfortable, great fit and finish & more premium feel – importantly the access and sears were excellent & comfortable.
    I have my personal criteria in respect of my disability, my passion for cars and a petrol head.
    at the end of the day what car we choice is a personal choice

Bottom line is an SUV suits my needs bead  & this MG HS Auto at the £999 AP – considering the raft of standard standard equipment, tech, fit and finish – is amazing value all round.

Definitely ordering one next week

#107970 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Thank you for your review I will keep this in mind and certainly look at one.

#107977 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have just been looking at the MGZS EV with it water cooled 44kHw battery, I just work out some quick calculation , driving 150 miles  will use about 40kWh of battery, we are Octopus Energy off peak rate 5 pence @ kWh, it will cost £2.00 yes £2.00 to travel 150 miles, a gallon of diesel @ £6.00 in my Ford Kuga will give me about 40 mpg. £6.00 in the MGZS will give you 450 miles ?

Plus there are many free charging points being installed throughout Tesco supermarket.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Mg hs

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: