Loose Women

• Creator
    Topic
  • #142216 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’m not a daytime television watcher – generally anything before about 8pm escapes me – but I turned it on just now as a diversion from work I’m avoiding.

The programme that came on was “Loose Women”.  Now, as a man, I realise I’m not the programme’s intended audience but I’m at a loss to understand its appeal.

Would anyone here who watches it explain why they watch it?  Is it popular?  I’d be interested to know what its appeal is.  Did I just catch a bad moment where four women were discussing nothing at all?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #142220 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

My wife is an avid viewer, but  I think that it is ‘rubbish’, as is any program in which a bunch of amateurs profess to know so much about ‘’everything”, and wield such a massive influence!

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#142222 Reply
    brydo

Yes rubbish, quite a bit of man bashing, which we would never get away with, and yes the wife likes it.

#142235 Reply
    joss

It’s a TV program devised to keep has beens in employment. Utter tripe…

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#142247 Reply
    Lou

I am a woman & I stand by what everyone above has said….I find it boring but I’m not a tv person. I don’t quite understand what’s so great about the programme to be honest 🤷🏻‍♀️

#142259 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ve stopped watching TV because it was all utter rubbish all the time.

“Loose Women”, I assume it’s the BBC?

#142390 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Used to listen to Woman’s Hour on the Light Programme. Some very good presenters and reporters. Probably all changed now it has moved from wireless to radio.

Have only caught occasional bits of Loose Women. Seemed like an excuse for the BBC to give “resting” actors and Z-listers something to do.

#142439 Reply
    Georgie

Not my kind of thing at all.  Neither are ‘Celeb’ shows, ‘reality’ shows, etc.  They mostly feature personality-free, self-indulgent, spoiled ‘look at me!’ light-weights willing to do anything to get their faces on the screens.

#142441 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

personality-free, self-indulgent, spoiled ‘look at me!’ light-weights willing to do anything to get their faces on the screens

Come on, Georgie – stop pulling your punches. Say what you really mean! 😁

#142452 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I think the word Georgie might be searching for is narcissistic.

#142465 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Just because your a narcissist it doesn’t mean everything is not about you lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#142468 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

It does amaze me how far the younger generation will go to be “famous”, there is no boundry they won’t cross, bad taste and bad judgement appear to be the acceptable norm.

I blame the parents lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#142485 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Take off all the quiz shows, antique food and property and you’re left with almost nowt.

#142505 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Police procedurals?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Loose Women
Your information: