Kuga Delivery time.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138703 Reply
    pswoff

I have ordered a Kuga Titanium Edition.

Does anyone have any recent experience of how long it takes to build and deliver a Kuga? I have spoken to my dealer and after 6 weeks they say there is still no build slot and they don`t know when it will be.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138709 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

I have ordered a Kuga Titanium Edition. Does anyone have any recent experience of how long it takes to build and deliver a Kuga? I have spoken to my dealer and after 6 weeks they say there is still no build slot and they don`t know when it will be.

I was told by my Ford dealer that it would be 12 weeks for a factory order when I enquired on the 21st Jan. This of course seems to be the standard amount quoted by a lot of manufacturers and I’m pretty sure the reality will be an awful lot more.

Have you tried for a stock vehicle or does that not suit? I have ordered a stock vehicle which has been quoted as delivery between 2-4 weeks from ordering. That is even longer than normal as I got my Focus stock car in 10 days.

#138714 Reply
    pswoff

I just chatted online to Ford customer services and they said delivery would be 12 to 20 weeks.

I am having a factory built car as I wanted the driver assistance pack. Although if the delay is too long I may switch to a stock car if they allow me.

#138759 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

I ordered mine 12th October and collected 12th January. So 12 weeks about right.

Cars On Motability
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
    Vauxhall Antara
    Skoda Superb Estate
    Seat Alhambra
    Seat Tarraco
    Ford Kuga

#138763 Reply
    pswoff

Oh thats good news, thanks

#167853 Reply
    Robert Milligan

We ordered our new ford kuga st line x from our dealer 6 months ago and still no response on when we will get our kuga always the same response dose not have a build number just a confirmed order how long is it going to take for a company the size of ford 6 months to wait for a new ford is a bit much I think ment to get a 21 plate now thinking it is going to be a 22 plate at this rate

#167881 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

The last I heard was that Ford Kuga’s had a delivery time of at least 12 months from order.

#167886 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Seems to me that without a build slot and number being allocated, there’s no saying how long it will take to get any car.  The manufacturer has not committed to build it at any particular time or at all.

#167892 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

We looked at the Kuga around May time and the sales manager said that any orders placed then would not be delivered until early 2022. I got the distinct impression that he was referring to Ford in total and not just his dealership. I suspect that the situation has worsened since.

#167899 Reply
    Gareth987

Mine was ordered in July built and ready but stuck in a port in Spain for the last month. Think it might having something to do with the shipping problems the uk is having

#168885 Reply
    Lory17

I have the same situation,.I ordered a New Kuga St X line at June 2021 and I still waiting.🙄

#168986 Reply
    Catsinc
    1. I ordered my kuga st line X end of September & was given an estimated delivery time of the end of December.
    2. I spoke to the dealer earlier & all he would say is at an educated guess it will be longer than that. Also when I asked are they getting any new cars in at all  he replied ‘ no not really’.
    3. Why cant they just say if they are building them at all yet. Really annoying me now as I desperately need an auto. At this rate I will end up financing one
    #169838 Reply
    Simmo

I ordered my new ST Line in July and i still dont have a build date? this is absolute madness!!

#169955 Reply
    Mark

It seems like it depends some have ordered late and got their cars early. Others have ordered early and stare still waiting

#169962 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It seems like it depends some have ordered late and got their cars early. Others have ordered early and stare still waiting

This happens with all manufacturers Mark and is down to whether or not the dealer has any build slot allocations. A dealer with available build slots will usually place the order with the manufacturer the same day that the Motability customer ‘orders’ the car, or within a day or two. Those that don’t will sit on the paperwork for a month (or two, or three….) before they can actually place the order with the manufacturer.

The problem is that the vast and overwhelming majority of dealers are not up front about this, leaving Motability customers under the false impression that their car has been ordered when it hasn’t. People get further confused by seeing their new car ‘order’ on the Motability website. This isn’t the order, nor does it mean that the car has actually been ordered, it’s merely confirmation that Motability have agreed that you can order that car.

This isn’t just a Ford issue. It crops up every day on this forum, multiple times, with different manufacturers. People think that their car has been ordered when it hasn’t.

#170308 Reply
    Stephen

Ordered a Kuga ST Line + in July 21. Don’t even have a build month yet. My concern is that the dealer may give my car to a fee paying customer and we get a revised order. many web site are saying 4-6 months delivery for a factory built Kuga. Yet after 5 months they still don’t have a build month. Many questions!!

#170327 Reply
    struth
    Participant

This happens with all manufacturers Mark and is down to whether or not the dealer has any build slot allocations. A dealer with available build slots will usually place the order with the manufacturer the same day that the Motability customer ‘orders’ the car, or within a day or two. Those that don’t will sit on the paperwork for a month (or two, or three….) before they can actually place the order with the manufacturer. The problem is that the vast and overwhelming majority of dealers are not up front about this, leaving Motability customers under the false impression that their car has been ordered when it hasn’t. People get further confused by seeing their new car ‘order’ on the Motability website. This isn’t the order, nor does it mean that the car has actually been ordered, it’s merely confirmation that Motability have agreed that you can order that car. This isn’t just a Ford issue. It crops up every day on this forum, multiple times, with different manufacturers. People think that their car has been ordered when it hasn’t.

yup, when i ordered i was told they had said amount of cars arriving in a couple of weeks and were at sea. they had 2 that had no names on so i got one. It arrived (imo and as it was earlier than my changeover date by a few weeks, the sold it to retail and marked me onto one of next batch). i cant prove it but pretty sure thats what happened.  so mine will be a few weeks late, unless something else crops up. the dealer arranged for my current car to be extended and will let me know.

ps, ive still not recieved permesso to fit a charger from housing association. i phoned them and they just with one hand put obstacles in way and with other, say its a different department who just happen to be unavailable.

all very poor and i expect it wont happen now.  public chargers are few and far between here.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Kuga Delivery time.
Your information: