KONA EV 64KW EFFICIENCY

• Creator
    Topic
  • #168992 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi I’m not how interesting this is for many people on here but I am getting around 4.41miles per kW on my car. And I can assure you me and the other driver of this car don’t spare the horses.</p>

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #168994 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Interesting.  This equates to around 282 miles, close to it’s 300 range. Reassuring.

#168995 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

vaun really interesting keep up the info please.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#168996 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

Hi I would like to add. That I don’t spare the horses either. With most of the motorway miles being EXACTLY 70 MPH (WINK WINK)

Vaun

#168999 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

Mmm somewhere between 70 and 104 then.

Can you do a sweepstake for us all.

#169006 Reply
    Mike11

Is that 64 miles a day ? How long does it take to charge at home ?

#169024 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

Yes 64 miles per day average.

I tend to charge the car from around  50% to 60% battery level to 100% from home.

As this fits in nicely with my Octopus Go tariff which is 5p a kW from 0030 until 0430 in the morning.

To go from say 60% to 100% takes around 4 hours. I think it’s just over 9 hours from 0 to 100% on a 7kw charger something like that. Xxx

Vaun

#169027 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I have done 18k miles, but was driving really carefully, 65mph on the motorways and 55 on most A roads, I’ve been averaging 4.9 miles/kW

That will almost certainly change now though as just moved to a house and now have a home charger, so the economy is less of an issue, It’s not hard to get 300mile plus range in the Kona, I’m really enjoying the switch and the savings.

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#169033 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I am looking forward to making the change.  After years of advertising about smart meters it’s a bit of a go slow at the moment.  Will be ordering later this month with Hyundai  still confident of delivery within 3 months. With Hyundai you can be confident their actual range/mpg will be close or better than the official figures likewise the 0-62 acceleration figures. Not the case with other manufacturers.

#169126 Reply
    struth
    Participant

had been hoping to get my charger fitted before car comes, but its not looking so likely now alas. The housing association are deliberately being difficult. Car is in country tho, so i guess it’ll be a granny cable or a public charger(not many around). Bit thoe figures make me feel more confident that i can maybe get away with charging 20% or so at a time to keep me going.

thanks for info

#169127 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

Hi, have you thought of looking at the app “Co charger”, it shows people who are willing to host people on their home charger for a fee. They work out to be much cheaper than commercial chargers and if there is one local to you then it might be a good temporary solution until you get yours.

I’m a host on it, so for instance  you could charge on my home charger for around 20p a kW.

Vaun

#169138 Reply
    struth
    Participant

cheers… only one nearbye so far and its not up and running yet but will keep an eye on it

#169152 Reply
    Capuchin

@fwippers where did you hear the 3 month delivery date? I’ve been given a predicted date of 31st March on my order sheet. (20 weeks)

@Struth
    how long did your Kona take to arrive?

#169181 Reply
    struth
    Participant

ordered mine in october; supposed to be in uk but not transported up yet. but it was a car that was assigned to dealers that had no name on it, and was about to be shipped; a premium. i wanted a ultimate but no go til end of march earliest. so i settled for the premium.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by struth.
    #169199 Reply
    garry
    Participant

Just had a update this morning on my Kona ultimate which was ordered 10/08/21 status ‘at sea’ due at the dealers 7/12/21 might be sooner salesman said.  🤞

#169248 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

@fwippers where did you hear the 3 month delivery date? I’ve been given a predicted date of 31st March on my order sheet. (20 weeks) @Struth how long did your Kona take to arrive?

The info was from my local dealer. Due to order in less than a fortnight so will be interested to see what they say then. If it’s 20 odd weeks I might delay and see what q1 has to bring.

#169298 Reply
    Capuchin

That sounds really promising Garry. A month early would put me at the end of February. Not bad in these times.

@fwippers I suspect the best solution right now is to order and be prepared to cancel if something better comes up? I see no value in just sitting on your hands given every company has delays.

#169306 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

That sounds really promising Garry. A month early would put me at the end of February. Not bad in these times. @fwippers I suspect the best solution right now is to order and be prepared to cancel if something better comes up? I see no value in just sitting on your hands given every company has delays.

Probably the way forward, and then if Q1 offers more, change.

#169307 Reply
    Capuchin

Yep, that’s my plan.

Unfortunately I don’t think we’re getting the EQA, New Enyaq or similar as things stand anyway though. The only thing that might change my plans is the XC40 electric. Especially if by some quirk we get the XC40 twin on the scheme.

Mercedes are out, even if they come back on it’d be silly season for delivery times.

BMW are potentially interesting if the 3 series returns, but I don’t see it as early as Q1.

Suspect it’ll be Q3-Q4 before we see some interesting choice again.

#169713 Reply
    Just2Fish

My Kona is managing 4.4 miles per kWh as well. When I first got it back in the summer, and driving it slow to test the range, I was managing 4.9 miles per kWh.

#170037 Reply
    struth
    Participant

got a call this afternoon that my kona that was supposedly in country 10 days ago, is now not in country so there will be a delay… this suggests my car has been sold to a retail customer.

less than impressed although i cant prove it of course. morals these days seems to be an afterthought.

#170044 Reply
    Peter Trapmore

This is exactly what happened to me in early October see my post at the time, apparently now my car landed at Tilbury on Tuesday this week and will be at dealer next week with me receiving hopefully end of next week. Bear in mind this car was ordered in May and has been promised many times, will report back

#170114 Reply
    struth
    Participant

thats what ive been told 10 days ago. supposedly be up here in a bout 10 days. my current car has been extended.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: KONA EV 64KW EFFICIENCY
Your information: