I WONDER

• Creator
    Topic
  • #189677 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

I wonder how much the Manufacturers are losing and the gov on the lack of cars being built and not to forget the dealers as some of them tell me they had retail and motability orders cancelled by fed up customers it seems a total mess i have never seen in my life time.

tim

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #189711 Reply
    rox
    Participant

There not there making profits due toi the high resale prices of used cars and alot of cars have risen as much as 26% in the last couple of years. prices will rise again soon as it’s costing them more in energy costs also, than it was before. So they selling/making less cars but making more profits. plus there’s not the huge amount of cars sitting around as before and vertu group ceo said recently thats the new model and they don’t plan to go back to how it was before.

#189713 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The manufacturers aren’t losing any money as you can tell from their take it or leave it attitude.

VW’s profits are said to actually have increased selling less cars but at higher prices.

Same goes for fuel, the less you use, the more they charge for what you do need and the government love the extra taxes so no help there.

Good to see in the papers today Tesco telling Heinz what they can do about their baked beans and the excessive charges there trying to push on us and at least they have some concerns. We all know there are problems in supply chains at the moment but some manufactures are taking the proverbial with the situation.

#189715 Reply
    tinytim
    Participant

Yes the take it or leave it is more to do with availability in the 80s and 90s there used to be fields of premade car and you could get a car within a couple of weeks, now that there is a parts shortage it has got no back up premade cars and now they are mostly factory orders and the Japanese just in time stopped mass production.

tim

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: I WONDER
Your information: