Hyundai Tuscon delay

• Creator
    Topic
  • #179330 Reply
    Ianfca

My wife ordered a Hyundai Tuscon in October and were given a March delivery date. Slipped to end of March and now slipped to June. Dealer has been keeping me informed and been giving me screen shots of order status and order number has not changed so not been given to a retail customer. He has been sending E-mails of order status but actually phoned me to apologise when he saw order status.

Dealer told me that Hyundai are not keeping them informed of current status and cannot guarantee further changes to delivery date. I was also told that new customers are being being told that there is now a 12 month wait for new orders. Fingers crossed for June.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #179343 Reply
    John Reilly

Hi, what model/spec of the Tucson are you waiting on?

We ordered one in mid-January

#179363 Reply
    Ianfca

Hi John, we ordered a PHEV Ultimate. When we ordered we were told it was a 16 week delivery.

#179368 Reply
    John Reilly

That’s useful to know.

We wanted the phev or even hybrid but could not really justify the extra AP. Went for the 1.6 petrol ultimate.

Told 16 weeks when we ordered so May-ish delivery. Got an email a few weeks later informing a delay and now expected in the dealer July. Then got another email about 2 weeks ago saying the car had entered production, and back on track for late April/early May delivery

#179370 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

Hello, I too ordered a Tucson Ultimate Phev at the beginning of November  with a delivery at the beginning of March.  I saw the dealer last week and she apologised to say that it looks like the 1st week in April. Like your dealer said @Ianfca, Hyundai don’t seem to be able to update dealers on their computerised system, I know my dealer is very frustrated what stage the cars are at. She also said any new orders especially the higher spec versions could take upto 8 – 12 months. I have seen on the Hyundai Tucson Forum that deliveries ordered September and October are starting to arrive in various parts of the country.

#179419 Reply
    Ianfca

My dealership doesn’t seem to have any direct communication with Hyundai and is just finding out off the order status system for any changes. He did say that he would understand if I decided to cancel my order and there would be no hard feelings. I am sure he wouldn’t mind either as I am sure my build slot would be reallocated to a retail customer the same day and I would be left high and dry with very little to choose from and AP’s that have increased since I placed my order.

#179425 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I ordered the Tuscon Ultimate ICE as couldn’t justify the ap for the phev and the hybrid not on the scheme.

At he time of ordering 29th Dec December we jumped on a pre allocated dealer order with a build start date of 3oth Dec with an estimated arrival at dealers on 26th Feb. Of course if the dealer is to believed that is.

Since ordering not heard anything from them, so went down to see the salesman around the 16th Feb, he reluctantly looked on his system and showed me the build start date 1st Jan and the build end date 23rd Feb and said he as no Idea why so long. Whilst their I asked for the internal order number known as the 10 11 code which he was happy to give me. I then messaged Hyundai UK with the code and they reckon my vehicle will be delivered at the dealers end of March.

I know a ship (neckar highway) arrived in Tilbury from Gdansk on 2nd March so will be asking for an update from Hyundai UK hoping mine was on that ship.

#179564 Reply
    Participant

We picked up our PHEV Ultimate last week, was 1st October dealer order.

No tech pack as dealer advised would have delayed it until April/May if wanted the extras.

What I found was messaging hyundai uk direct via Facebook page got the build slot number and rough dates, you will need your order number from the dealer though.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Newbie.
    #179575 Reply
    Ianfca

We have ordered the car with the tech pack so that makes sense. I have got the dealer order number and will try contacting Hyundai via their facebook page. Thanks for the info.

#179650 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Isar Highway dicking in Tilbury from tomorrow from Gdansk, expect more Tucson and other Hyundai’s on that.

#179661 Reply
    Ianfca

Contacted Hyundai and they have said I should have vehicle in May. They wouldn’t give me a build slot though, just referred me back to dealer.

#183250 Reply
    Jonathan Knee

My May delivery has just slipped to July, I received the email a few days ago. Gutted, but looks to be the norm sadly. PHEV Ultimate.

#184496 Reply
    joolstdi

Hi all it looks like the Tucson ultimate/ N-line plug in and hybrid car are suppose to be built in Korea and there is a ship a month coming over from Korea to tilbury.

there is one ship morning concert  arriving may 15th and in June 12th the Grand Pavo.

it takes an other 2-3 weeks from landing to get to the dealers and then to you.

I have my ultimate plugin with tech pack order 20th of January. my car is suppose to be June BUT its starting to be like a lottery on delivery it will come when it does.

#184498 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hi all it looks like the Tucson ultimate/ N-line plug in and hybrid car are suppose to be built in Korea and there is a ship a month coming over from Korea to tilbury. there is one ship morning concert  arriving may 15th and in June 12th the Grand Pavo.

The PHEV is made in Nosovice Czech and I’m sure the HEV is too.

The Morning Concert normally carries Kona EV’s which are built in Korea. Hyundai ships the Tuscon via KESS shipping from Gdansk Poland to Tilbury.

KESS ships include Neckar Highway Isar Highway and EMS Highway.

#184502 Reply
    joolstdi

Hi Kezo I hope you are right most of us have been waiting a long time, I ordered the car with the tech pack to help me with my disabilities, the only thing that I wanted was the 360′ cameras and the blind spot cameras, I don’t really need any other bits. and really like the press button gears selector  in the automatic gearbox.

#184505 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hi Kezo I hope you are right most of us have been waiting a long time, I ordered the car with the tech pack to help me with my disabilities, the only thing that I wanted was the 360′ cameras and the blind spot cameras, I don’t really need any other bits. and really like the press button gears selector in the automatic gearbox.

Adding the Tech pack will add to the delay so your looking 20wks plus a bit more probably.

When was the last time you spoke to your dealer for an update. It may also be worth getting the internal order number know as the 1011 code and asking for an update from Hyundai UK on facebook, twitter or email on the off chance they tell you something. There is talk on the Kona EV thread Hyundai UK have streamlined their systems with the dealerships any may quote that, but its still worth giving it try.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by kezo.
    #184573 Reply
    joolstdi

Hi Kezo,

I have my 1011 number and I have contacted hyundai customer by Email and was told delivery April then I was told sorry for delay it will now be may and the latest is now is sorry its now delayed to June. Hyundai customer services no longer reply to Emails any more so I tryd Facebook with my 1011 number and was told to refer back to the dealer where you bought the car as they have the latest up to date information , which is very unfair to all the dealers. there have been some people been told on forums in the last day that cars are now going to be delivered in august/September. So I think we are all in the same boat, but its not very good customer service that Hyundai are giving. I wonder if Eui sun Chung in Korea knows what is happening to his company???

#184577 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Hi Kezo, I have my 1011 number and I have contacted hyundai customer by Email and was told delivery April then I was told sorry for delay it will now be may and the latest is now is sorry its now delayed to June. Hyundai customer services no longer reply to Emails any more so I tryd Facebook with my 1011 number and was told to refer back to the dealer where you bought the car as they have the latest up to date information , which is very unfair to all the dealers. there have been some people been told on forums in the last day that cars are now going to be delivered in august/September. So I think we are all in the same boat, but its not very good customer service that Hyundai are giving. I wonder if Eui sun Chung in Korea knows what is happening to his company???

Yes going of other forums and the kona thread on here Hyundai UK seem to have dug their heels in and no longer updating customers referring them back to the dealers, which I guess is right as the dealer is who you got it off. The only problem with this is there can be a vast discrepancy between what the dealer and Hyundai UK tell you and it doesn’t look like they have streamlined their systems either.

I ordered the Ultimate ICE on December the 29th the dealer kept saying every time I contacted him, his system is showing middle of June yet the supply team at Hyundai UK were always saying mid March for me to pick up. I took delivery on 23rd March. Hyundai’s system of communication with its dealers is flawed and probably the worst Ive seen (also heard MG are no better) Unfortunately you are at the mercy of the dealer now and its unfortunate Hyundai have stopped allowing people to contact them. The big question is do Hyundai UK no longer know whats happening or as I would imagine they have retail and lease customers chasing them left right and centre.

As frustrating as it is hang in there it will be worth it

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by kezo.
    #184579 Reply
    Ianfca

We ordered our Tucson Ultimate PHEV at the beginning of November. The dealer called us today to say vehicle has arrived in the UK and we should get it in about 3 weeks.

#184585 Reply
    joolstdi

kezo you have that spot on what you have said they are rummers that they are consecrating on customer orders and that they are putting lease and company cars at the back of the list. are mobility cars classed as leased?? and we have to wait. I found out just now that some chap order same time as you and that he now has to wait until September. I ordered my car 2 weeks after you as I was in hospital. I did try and order before christmas I then found out that the price of the tech pack had gone up £300 and the deposit of the car had gone up £500,

#184595 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

are mobility cars classed as leased??

Motability is probably the biggest leasing company in the UK. So where as a retail customer pays full wak which in return makes the manufacturer and dealership more money. Leasing company’s i.e Motability get them at a discounted rate and lease them to us.

#184795 Reply
    joolstdi

Anybody got any news on deliverys, or had and Emails from the dealers

#184980 Reply
    joolstdi

Hi all, I just had a phone call from my dealer my car is arriving tomorrow in tilbury and in the ship the morning concert From Korea. The dealer is expecting the car by the 26th of may so I should have the car by June 3rd, so there are a few plug in coming in.

Jools

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Tuscon delay
Your information: