Hyundai Kona Bev

• Creator
    Topic
    TomThumb
    Participant

The new Kona Bev is on our shortlist, so looking at availability!

We’ve now got the green light from MB to place a new order & take delivery asap if anyone knows of any dealer stock Kona’s in the West Mids area.

But has anyone recently placed an order & can offer a realistic delivery timeframe on a factory order?

Tom…

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      TomThumb
      Participant

Just had feedback from Ohme & the installation is as I thought it would be!
        a none standard installation

But @ £118 it’s way less than I was expecting

”Scope of works: Fusebox is domestic DB with SPD so need RCBO to suit and wire up and behind the kitchen unit and into the loft space, wire along the loft into the garage, down the inside of the garage wall and drill out and along to the charger location. Total cable run is approximately 20m”

It’s still 50/50 if we will get charger fitted before the Kona, but I’m ever hopeful.

Tom…

kezo
        Participant

? you get it fitted before the Kona arrives 🙂

TomThumb
          Participant

The beginning of the week I had word the Kona has arrived at the dealership, 10 day’s late from there 1st eta, but at least it’s onsite now,

just need our adaptions fitted & we should be good to go.

Also had word from Ohme today that the charger install is booked for 2 weeks time, so all in all, not a bad turnaround on both.
            We only got the go ahead to place a new vehicle order from MB 4 weeks back,  then ordered the Kona 4 days later.

2024 has been a hell of a year so far in more ways than one, finally some good news 👍

Tom…

TomThumb
            Participant

Ohme ePod installed today 👍

but my run of good luck is teetering on the edge again.

Seeing a few posts where the charger has been delivered to the customer prior to the install,    I contacted Ohme about 10 days back to confirm how I would receive the unit.

Ohme confirmed that the charger is in the hands of there approved installation expert & they would bring it with them on the day.

Ohme were good on their word & the fitter had the charge unit with them this morning,      wall charger but no charge lead for my ePod, that apparently come directly from Ohme 🤭 but only if they remember to dispatch it🙏

A quick call to Ohme cs & my 8m cable is now on order & I should receive it within a week🙏

as the Bev is due to be collected tomorrow, I’m hoping it comes with a full charge ⚡️

Pure coincidence. National Grid swapped out the cut-out to 80A yesterday / ePod fitted today / collect car tomorrow /1st charge when Ohme decides I’m worthy of a charging lead 🤭

Tom…

kezo
              Participant

Don’t quote me on this but, I believe the Kona comes with a 5ish meter of cable you can use untill Ohme send out theirs!

TomThumb
                Participant

We were down the dealership last week, had a look at the motor while signing some additional paperwork, granny charger in the boot along with a charger lead, unfortunately I don’t know the length of either.

A 5m lead is gona be a close call, playing it safe by opting for the 8m cable.

The granny charger out the window is plan B ⚡️

Tom…

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.