HYUNDAI IN UK

• Creator
    Topic
  • #131653 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I have heard there is to be a 2021 Hyundai i20 n 1.6 turbo dct for uk which i hope will become available on motability and even the Hyundai i30 n s dct which is not yet available on the scheme which is a great shame also the Hyundai Veloster coupe dct n s which is such a great looking car but alas the uk will not be available unless the uk buying public shows interest i am not a lover of the new suv cars as they look much alike and some disabled seem denied now in a sporty hatch that offers twin clutch semi auto i know that Renault in the clio does and seat and vw but the golf gti and polo gti dsg have never been on the scheme.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #131665 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Dave; have a look at the new Peugeot 208 ‘GT’ which comes with an 8-speed auto and 130 bhp. I took one for a test drive this morning. Cracking little car and an interior that easily rivals anything German!

You won’t see the Hyundai ‘N’ cars on the scheme. Too powerful for Motability alas. I quite liked the Veloster when it came out. I still see the odd one around my way. Hyundai only sold a handful of them though, so they stopped selling them in the UK altogether.

#131667 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

HiĀ  i am ok at this time i have had the new Renault rs line 130 edc since nov 2019 which is fast enough for me at my age and it has formula one double clutch which is fast with three modes i have it in sport most of the time it blips the throttle on down changes when using the paddles.

#131677 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have heard there is to be a 2021 Hyundai i20 n 1.6 turbo dct for uk which i hope will become available on motability and even the Hyundai i30 n s dct which is not yet available on the scheme which is a great shame also the Hyundai Veloster coupe dct n s which is such a great looking car but alas the uk will not be available unless the uk buying public shows interest i am not a lover of the new suv cars as they look much alike and some disabled seem denied now in a sporty hatch that offers twin clutch semi auto i know that Renault in the clio does and seat and vw but the golf gti and polo gti dsg have never been on the scheme.

Do you know what the power output of the i20N would be? I believe that 200PS is the max Motability will allow (a few hybrids go just over). With the standard i20 being 100PS it might qualify from a power perspective,, but Motability tend not to offer many of the very sporty variants of cars (just the sporty looking ones). I guess that they consider that most disabled people would find them impractical, but that is a big assumption.

#131693 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I do not think it is about bhp more about the insurance group which i think is up to 29 which the mini cooper 2ltr automatic is i was told thats why the Abarth 145 bhp which is available as its in group 29 if you want the turismo mta that i think is 30 insurance group also under 25 are not allowed certain bhp cars to be honest like abarth head office said motability needs to have a shake up with these silly rules.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: HYUNDAI IN UK
Your information: