Huge delay – help please

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pete 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98007 Reply

Pete

Hi,

I ordered my new motability car back in April.. huge delays at the dealership mean it is still not ready (should be in the next week now) 8 months later nearly.

I was supposed to change over in July.

I had been pleased that all was going ahead but just looked out of interest and AP has reduced dramatically!

I know you agree to the AP when you order but there have been two reductions since then. There are probably people already taken delivery of the same car, ordered after me, who have paid less!

Is there anything I can do?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98014 Reply

martino

tell the dealer you want to pay the current AP I be-leave you pay the leaser amount if in doubt tell motability or cancel the car and reorder it

#98016 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

That’s what I agreed with the dealer 3 weeks ago, albeit reluctantly that if the AP went down in January I would be paying the lower amount, he tried to make out it was not possible but I had spoken to Motability beforehand and they said it took 2 minutes on the back office system and not to let the dealer fob me off so come Q1 if the price drops and he won’t do it I will cancel and reorder elsewhere.

Speak to dealer and if not then cancel and get it at lower money.

#98017 Reply

Dave h

I ordered mine in july wasnt going to be built till January (turned out earlier picked it up tues) but the ap went down in October by £200 I emailed my dealer and asked any chance of doing it at new ap.  no problem done it at new ap he had already given me £250 discount on ap sent me out revised orders form that day

#98028 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Pete what car is this ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#98030 Reply

DougieB
    Participant

I’m due to pick up my Tiguan within 10 days so have just asked them if the £200 reduction at Q4 will be reflected in the AP I pay on collection.

Current car: Kia Sportage 2.0 KX3 CRDI AWD auto.

Coming soon: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#98033 Reply

Pete

it’s a Ford Kuga, diesel, Auto Titanium. AP was £2245 when I ordered.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Huge delay – help please

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: