Handcontrols Now Cost

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169958 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Anyone needing handcontrols be aware that there may be a charge from this quarter (Oct 2021). Still a hefty contribution from Motability which is great.

5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
    22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
    23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169960 Reply
    Steadyhorse

Hope you enjoy your new motor when it arrives. Will be interesting to see how your switch to electric pans out. It was good to see you both last week.

#169986 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Hi geezer, good to see you as well! I’m planning a trip in the ID3 and Blackpool is on the short list!

5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
    22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
    23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

#169989 Reply
    Jojoe

This is getting crazy, it’s like Motability are deliberately trying to lose customers.

Hand controls on current car free. Hand controls on next car with new pricing £174. Yet more reasons to ditch Motability and buy on the open market.

#169993 Reply
    gillan

Thats shocking. Its getting worse and worse.

#169994 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I wish that it was possible to buy shares in Motability Operations. With far less choice of vehicles (so less admin costs), more people extending leases due to the poor choice (a nice earner for them, as no capital outlay yet they receive the same sacrificed benefits), big increases in AP’s, huge cash reserves (so no borrowing) and now this, their profit is only going one way. Oh, I forgot. It will all help to fund the excessive pay and benefits packages that every single one of their staff enjoys. Unbelievable.

#169997 Reply
    Jojoe

Glos GuyParticipant
    I wish that it was possible to buy shares in Motability Operations. With far less choice of vehicles (so less admin costs), more people extending leases due to the poor choice (a nice earner for them, as no capital outlay yet they receive the same sacrificed benefits), big increases in AP’s, huge cash reserves (so no borrowing) and now this, their profit is only going one way. Oh, I forgot. It will all help to fund the excessive pay and benefits packages that every single one of their staff enjoys. Unbelievable.

So true!

Motability will only have two types of customers in a few years. Those with plenty of money who can afford very high AP’s and those who are entitled to grants to cover the AP’s (No criticism as we’ve had a grant many years ago when we were out of work). Everyone else in the middle are being squeezed out by high AP’s.

#169998 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’m thankful the remote control with steering ball in my adaption line up has held at £445 as I was expecting it to go up a few quid because it comes with chips but what I never thought would have such a massive increase in cost is the hoist I use as last one was, from memory, £280 and in Q4 is £590 and they took away the option to transfer your old hoist to a new car.

Think your right Glos Guy and if I didn’t know better I’d think Motability are being run by an overseas pension investment company.

#169999 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

So true! Motability will only have two types of customers in a few years. Those with plenty of money who can afford very high AP’s and those who are entitled to grants to cover the AP’s (No criticism as we’ve had a grant many years ago when we were out of work). Everyone else in the middle are being squeezed out by high AP’s.

Sounds like a reflection of the world as we live it. ‘The squeezed middle’

#170000 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos GuyParticipant I wish that it was possible to buy shares in Motability Operations. With far less choice of vehicles (so less admin costs), more people extending leases due to the poor choice (a nice earner for them, as no capital outlay yet they receive the same sacrificed benefits), big increases in AP’s, huge cash reserves (so no borrowing) and now this, their profit is only going one way. Oh, I forgot. It will all help to fund the excessive pay and benefits packages that every single one of their staff enjoys. Unbelievable.

So true! Motability will only have two types of customers in a few years. Those with plenty of money who can afford very high AP’s and those who are entitled to grants to cover the AP’s (No criticism as we’ve had a grant many years ago when we were out of work). Everyone else in the middle are being squeezed out by high AP’s.

I agree about those who get grants Jojoe, but I suspect that many of those who can afford to do so will go elsewhere. There are still a lot of people who have a fear of going private (or remain convinced that it will cost them a lot more, which isn’t necessarily the case), or have a very poor credit rating. These people will remain in the scheme regardless which, I guess, is what Motability rely on.

#170002 Reply
    garry
    Participant

And raking it in with second hand cars worth a lot more than motability were expecting 3 years ago too.

So to raise the cost of adaptations for those that have no choice but to have them fitted is absolutely disgusting.

#170006 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I do wonder just how many needy folk are getting grants these day after a conversation I had with Motability a few months ago.

A short version on that converse:

Me: why have the cost of the hoist increased by over 100%.

Mota: because the manufacturers have increased their prices.

Me: so how come I can’t have my current 3 year old hoist taken out of my car and put it in the new one.

Mota: because the manufactures have stopped doing the transfer plates.

Me: due to the high price what’s the chance of getting a grant for the hoist.

Mota: sorry but they will not give you a grant because the hoist you have is adequate.

Converse ends.

Yes the hoist I have is perfectly fine and in full as if new working order but they won’t let me transfer it but won’t help me with a grant because there’s nothing wrong with the hoist I’ve got.

If it wasn’t for the fact the country is being run by Peppa Pig I’d write and complain to my MP but would only get a childish answer so pointless.😢

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Handcontrols Now Cost
Your information: