Golf GTD MK8

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by ree94.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #127549 Reply
    ree94

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Just seen announced on VW Twitter page that the New Golf GTD mk8 is available to order in the UK …. Hope we may see it added to the scheme very soon</p>

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127550 Reply
    ree94
    #127553 Reply
    Lou lou

I doubt it very much bhp is 200 and price tag is over 33k

#127557 Reply
    Harry

Is it bang on the dreaded motability 200bhp or just under? Last one was 197bhp wasnt it?

#127565 Reply
    Lou lou

I’ve just configured it online and says 200bhp but the price tag is 33k plus so I very doubt it will make an appearance to the scheme soon,, the highest bhp I can find is the mini Cooper s with 193bhp there was a Honda but its now been removed

#127566 Reply
    Harry

Yeah if its 200 its never coming on, Its got to be under that as far as im aware.

I have the 192bhp Clubman Cooper S – Great car but im amazed it’s now the highest bhp on Motability. I test drove the Clubman and Octavia VRS 240bhp 3 years ago and opted for the Clubman sadly that Octavia is now long gone ๐Ÿ™

#127569 Reply
    Lou lou

Harry yeah that will be long gone now and the mini is the only 1 I can now find with at least 200bhp I very doubt the gtd will be arriving but if it does I’ll eat my words

#127572 Reply
    gillan

Turbocharged 2.0-litre diesel engine produces 197bhp.

#127573 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Turbocharged 2.0-litre diesel engine produces 197bhp.

VW have done that just for Motability customers *wink

#127574 Reply
    gillan

the golf gtd is also cheaper than the bmw 3 series currently on the scheme so the price is within the ‘cap’

#127579 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

Agree Tiguan R Line is just under 33k so why shouldn’t the GTD make it on price wise. The BHP cap is another story all together. The cap seems to work where by a cheap version under the cap permits higher end models.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#127628 Reply
    solent60
    Participant
    #127633 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Looks good but being a diesel I would doubt it joining the scheme.

It’s certainly a car that I would have considered.

#127724 Reply
    Qwe2

This is exactly reason why I manage to extend my lease for another 2 years from Jan. Happy day.

#127746 Reply
    Tharg

Polo GTi also has Motability friendly 197bhp lump. Fills the same acceptability criteria as the Cooper S but still ain’t on scheme. So, tragically, don’t think the GTD will make it either. MCS is really the only interesting motability car for folks who enjoy driving – have to discount the 3-series because of its hideous AP and equally hideous appearence.

#127748 Reply
    ree94

the old GTD was on the scheme as sold very well from what the vw dealer was saying and he doesn’t see why it wont be on with a wink ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Golf GTD MK8
Your information: