Golf gtd

• Creator
    Topic
  • #146241 Reply
    Billy jo

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi do you guys think the gtd golf will be in the scheme for long as not due to choose new car till around Sept for new car in march if that is correct ??</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146243 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

Hi Billy Jo you can order your new car three months before your due to return your car you have now, I have no idea about the gtd sorry

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Richy.
    #146245 Reply
    Billy jo

So that would mean I can order new car around dec/jan then ??

#146246 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

Yes , motability will send you a letter three months before your current car lease ends, then it’s time to look and order a new one. 🙂

#146247 Reply
    Billy jo

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks Richy I don’t think the gtd will be around long but thanks for you Input 😊</p>

#146248 Reply
    Richy
    Participant

Your welcome Billy Jo , fingers crossed it’s still on there for you

#147868 Reply
    Zak

Hi All, i have just recieved notification that my Golf 8 GTD is in transit and has now left the factory. Typically how long will it now take to arrive in the UK before i can collect the vehicle?

#147872 Reply
    Smithy

Hey Zak when did you order yours? Did you get any extras?

#147893 Reply
    matt

i think its round about 2 weeks.

#147896 Reply
    Zak

Hi Smithy,

I actually placed my order 6th January but originally for the Golf R-Line 1.5 eTSI. When the new pricing was released 1st April i then changed my order to the GTD. On the R-Line i added the winter pack and 18″ Bergamo alloys but when switching to the GTD i didnt add any extra’s at all as i was happy with the standard equipment such as IQ headlights, keyless entry, climate control in the rear, folding mirrors, wireless charging and few other small bits. I recieved a week 18 build date for my original R-Line and thankfully that continued even when changing it to the GTD. Today i got a SMS notification to say it had now moved to in transit and has now left the factory.

Thanks Matt, i will plan for two weeks and see what happens.

Zak

#147942 Reply
    Smithy

Lucky you Zak! Maybe call your dealer and ask if he has any more details regarding delivery times and make sure to share some pictures when you get it haha.

#147944 Reply
    DaveG46
    Participant

Lucky you Zak! Maybe call your dealer and ask if he has any more details regarding delivery times and make sure to share some pictures when you get it haha.

Where you able to choose from all the colours I seem to think that only two of the colours were free and only white on GTD and the rest extra £, I can’t remember if I’ve ever had to pay extra for paint on any of my previous cars. Cheers

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by DaveG46.
    #147964 Reply
    Zak

I will do Smithy, really looking forward to accepting delivery!

Reference the colours I originally selected moonstone grey for the R-Line but then changed it to Dolphin grey for the GTD. No charge was ever mentioned on either as I believe all metallic paints are free when ordering via Motability.

#147974 Reply
    matt

i have gone for the same dolphin gray in the gtd but i added the better sound system and winter pack.

#147992 Reply
    Zak

Sounds good Matt. When are you scheduled to accept delivery roughly?

#148034 Reply
    matt

it just says with the factory it the min dealer said september.

#148035 Reply
    Appleman

Update tracker on Vw website regular,you will have to delete car,then input dealer to vw order again and it will update , tracker does not auto update and would stay the same , it needs a little help

#148094 Reply
    Matt

Ordered mine last week so hard to pick the colour it was gray or kings red   gone for the kings red  in the end with 19” alloys winter pack  don’t know about the sound system but thinking about it though 😂

#154035 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hi, GTD people. May I ask a simple question about the vehicle… how do you rate the suspension in terms of ride. Reason I ask is that I am, reluctantly, ending my Mini lease early because the ride is so firm that it is doing harm to my back. My first choice for replacement is the GTD. Published reviews seem to contradict themselves. Some say you must get the dynamic damper control to soften it up, others that the ride is smooth like a typical non-GT Golf. Any help greatly appreciated…

#154042 Reply
    ajn

Golf owners may not want to read this however it’s my experience with VW golf.

Whilst waiting for ever for a Volvo on motability, I was forced to hire cars in the meantime.
    Becoming a regular customer the guy proudly said we got a brand new just delivered vw golf for you.

It was returned by the next day for a a Astra.

The golf was as if the transition suspension protection was still in it solid, uncomfortable, seats rock hard and to low.

Just my opinion though..

#154043 Reply
    Ian

Sounds like you need a test drive to form your own opinion.

I’ve had golf’s on motability for 8 years, last 5 have been GTD.

I have severe back problems but the golf has been very comfy compared to the Astra I had before.

Ride is good, I’d not say its too firm, seats are perfect in the GTD, only reason for changing this time is the awful touch /tablet control in the MK8 golfs.

#154047 Reply
    ajn

Yeah great advice there Ian, best test drive it yourself Tharg, I might have had it in extra stiff uncomfortable mode, however the seats were still solid.

Test drive best option, considering your reason for handing back the mini due to firmness.

#154050 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks, people. Got a test drive set up for next week. Thought I’d check it with you proper experts first. A hour or so with a dealer-bloke alongside you is a lot different than really using the thing. My alternative choice is the T-ROC which seems to do all the same things as the GTD but is a bit taller with 4×4 and a petrol lump. Driving that next week too.

#154055 Reply
    matt

i orded a  gtd its been with the factory for well over a month now. deleted the car like people said so if you order one there will be a long wait.

#154056 Reply
    DaveG46
    Participant

i orded a gtd its been with the factory for well over a month now. deleted the car like people said so if you order one there will be a long wait.

Looking at some of the owner forums and Facebook groups they’re got some big issues with the tech and software think the longer you have to wait the better they might then have fixed some of the errors

#154059 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Again, thanks, folks. Will dig around a bit more… sales-bloke quoted 23 week delivery. Optimistic? Hmmm. The T-ROC was quoted as 12 weeks. Will have a dig around in VW forums re both I think. In fact, the more I read about the T-ROC, the more it appeals.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Golf gtd
Your information: