GCB

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JS 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118576 Reply

Scott

Hi guys quick one here , I’ve read into everything I could about GCB . I know how it works etc but I’m asking this .. 30th July is original contract end date so when will I likely receive the GCB ? How is it paid and could I possibly get it before collection of the new car to out to AP ? This is because car delivery jumped from 13 weeks to 6 weeks from order lol. TIA.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118577 Reply

Ade

Due to COVID, you can ask for your GCB early. A few people on here have already been paid and at least one person didnt ask for it!

Your best bet Scott, is to phone Motability first thing, and ask them how to claim and ask them when you would be paid.

Go for it matey!

#118578 Reply

Matt

Hi Scott. Early payments of the GCB have been paid early (as Ade said) due to financial hardship as a result of the pandemic.

The norm is when you collect your new vehicle, the dealership will take possession of your old motability vehicle. They will complete a checklist noting it’s condition, taking into account general wear and tear. The dealership then sends that to MB who process your GCB approx 7 days later.

Hope this helps, good luck with it mate 👍

#118585 Reply

Scott

Thanks guys will at least ask the question at mb and ask them . Its better I ask now rather than wait around really .

#118605 Reply

Susan

Just to confirm you definitely cannot request the GCB early to use for your AP on next car, I’ve already asked Motability if that was an option.

#118678 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

My 3yr lease end date was the 29th June & a new car order had been placed & accepted by motability about 10 day’s prior. Hopefully picking it up within the next couple of weeks.

Had the gcb cheque on the 4th July, never requested it or had any correspondence to say they were paying it early, I’m sure I read somewhere the early payment was on request only.  It will go towards my new AP now tho.

Tom…

#118687 Reply

JS

You can still at present claim a hardship payment from Motability this is in form of a cheque and for £600 it is in affect just an advance on your GCB it is a one off payment and obviously you then don’t get your GCB after hand back. It probably suited Motability as due to financial constraints alot of people were cancelling vehicles. This will help many people wanting to put it towards the AP,

The other thing motability has introduced (on their digital journey) is GCB via BACS you can now receive this and priced at point of return of your returned vehicle. Depending with whom you bank with this can be instant by may officially take up to 4 days. If the handover is done correct then the sales staff should first process you returned vehicle so in many cases the GCB is already in your account before they princess and take payment for the new vehicle,

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: GCB

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: