Fume sensitive anyone?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #171793 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

We have had an EV since September now and I am noticing that when I drive in traffic I am far more sensitive to fumes now it really didn’t take long and I have to put air on recirculating to prevent it. This is something I would never have imagined but even my wife has started to notice if we are behind a car in traffic. Funny how your senses change anyone else noticed?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #171794 Reply
    Tim

Do you think that might have more to do with the cabin filter in your current vehicle, and not that you’re now in an EV?

I don’t think that smelling engine fumes is influenced by driving an EV or ICE vehicle, more the cabin filter efficiency combined with general ventilation performance. In my opinion.

#171797 Reply
    Windy

Tim maybe that’s it I just seem more aware of fumes

#171798 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Didn’t make a difference to us when driving the ID3, you usually don’t smell your own fumes. At least not from your car, lets put it that way. Meaning, that the smell never actually changed. The one thing i could think of, other than “placebo effect”, is maybe that E10 has a more distinctive smell than E5?

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#171814 Reply
    joss

Its like when you stop smoking. After a while you begin to more aware of the smell of a smoker.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#171822 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Its like when you stop smoking. After a while you begin to more aware of the smell of a smoker.

That’s because you literally lose sense of smell (and taste) as a smoker, which regenerates when you stop smoking.

That’s not happening for EV drivers.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Fume sensitive anyone?
Your information: