Forum posts edit button

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BionicRusty (Wayne) 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #106822 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@wmcforum, I have a request. Is it possible to have the edit button permanent for posts. Or if not permanent, active for 24 hrs? It appears immediately after posting but disappears fast.
    Also, is it possible to turn off the email notifications? If I forget to untick all posts I view, my inbox becomes flooded, especially if I view any Tiguan posts πŸ˜‚

Thank you in advance.

Wayne

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #106842 Reply

joss
    Participant

email notifications you can turn off yourself BR. Just click on your name to go into settings

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#106844 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Thanks @joss, I hadn’t realised I had active subscriptions, not any more! πŸ˜‰

#106846 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Are you both using a laptop?

I’m on iPad/iPhone and can’t see settings.

I can unsubscribe each post, but one at a time. I can’t for the life of me see a β€˜switch notifications off’ πŸ‘

#106850 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Desktop but it’s the same, all you can do is click/press on each cross to remove each individual subscription, I only had 4 so wasn’t hard for me, just spend a couple of minutes and go through the list and remove what you don’t want, nobody likes housekeeping do they. πŸ˜‰

#106851 Reply

joss
    Participant

Same here Desktop PC. I don’t un sub unless a topic is dead. Don’t want to miss out on anything πŸ™‚

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#106853 Reply

Colin
    Participant

I believe the edit button remains available until someone replies. I think that’s potentially a good idea or someone can reply to something which was in the post, and then the original poster can remove the thing they are replying to, potentially leaving the thread very confusing.

I use the edit button a lot myself lol, I’m a past touch-typer who isn’t quite as co-0rdinated as he used to be resulting in WAY more spelling errors than I used to produce so I regularly go back to either add more info or to correct a spelling or grammar error and I’ve noticed the button disappearing too – pretty certain about the reply switching off the option, at least that’s the conclusion I’ve arrived at over the months…

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#106863 Reply

JS

On the forum homepage on the an iPad their is an subribe/unsubscribe top right above the sticky threads, as for Edit it’s as Colin states it could become complicated and confusing. If anyone feels their post needs edited just ask admin can edit/remove posts at any point.

Forum

#106865 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Thanks all for the responses. I appreciate it.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Forum posts edit button

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: