First puncture, first car..

• This topic is empty.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #147922 Reply
    ajn

So first motabillity car for me, also first experience with a puncture and Kwik fit repair.

Must say great service, I noticed a screw in the tyre so pumped it up just to make sure pressure was safe to drive the 2 /3 mile drive to Kwik fit, they sorted it in 20 mins, no need for me to do anything, love it great stuff easy, pleasant, problem solved.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147925 Reply
    ajn

#147926 Reply
    ajn

#147953 Reply
    Mrfunky

Was it a repair or new tyre?

#147955 Reply
    ajn

A repair I think, the screw was in the middle of the tyre, looked the same tyre to me..

I just think it’s great no paper work or hassle for us leasing..

Turn up sorted, even can phone up and have someone out if needed.

👍

#147957 Reply
    Appleman

They will come to your home and sort it all out for you,better than going to depot,everything on their van to fix it,quick phone call and with you very quick,much easier than you having to put on a spare .

#147961 Reply
    Richard

You can also go to STS Tyres Pros if you have no kwik fit nearby. Our local STS has been brilliant for me on our non motability car.

#148076 Reply
    kbfern

Did you have to call Kwik Fit to  book an appointment to go to their local depot or just turn up without an appointment.

I have a nail in 2 tyres on the tread that have been there a few months, no sign of any loss of pressure but as the tyre wears there may be a problem. My new car comes in July if it’s on time but we may need to cover a few miles between now and then.

#148086 Reply
    ajn

@kbfern Good Morning, I just turned up as they advertised outside, however if busy you may have to wait.

I was lucky straight in

In your case if the tyres are staying inflated I would book in advance to avoid any waiting around.

It really is as simple as turn up, give your name they do everything, all paper work, the  puncture or new tyres then just hand the car back to you..

Great service IMO…👍

🌻

#148088 Reply
    ajn

@kbfern Oh I forgot you can also phone and get a home visit, they come to you, just make sure you won’t need the car during the appointed time..

#148136 Reply
    kbfern

Thanks for the info ajn👍

#148153 Reply
    ajn

Glad to have helped with the info and experience @kbfern, however as for advice I think it’s best to get those nails out of the tyres, you seem to have been lucky so far with them staying inflated and not going flat..

These sort of problems always happen when you really don’t neeed them👍👍

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: First puncture, first car..
Your information: