First ‘breakdown’ what should I expect?

• Creator
    Topic
    FiestaRed
    Participant

Opened the drivers door of my Toyota Corolla TS this morning and as I pushed the start button I got a load of ‘flashing’ messages on the screen. The headlights then started flashing too.

I rang the Toyota dealership but they simply said  contact your breakdown cover. I rang the RAC and the phone messages kept telling me it was quicker online. Online I pretty quickly got a reply with an expected time slot.

Anyone any experiences with breakdowns and what should I expect? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ChrisK
      Participant

I’ve been fortunate not to having a breakdown, says he as I hold my Rabbits foot while touching the wooden sideboard, but just wondering are you using the Motability contact number for the RAC 0800 73 111 73 as I’ve heard of problems occurring if you use the general number.

joss

Rac should listen to your issue and run diagnostic tests to determine any faults present. From there, they would work to clear any such faults. If it can’t be repaired, then it should be taken to a dealership for them to sort out under warrentee.  Motability to sort hire car if needed.

Joss
          Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

FiestaRed
          Participant

Just wondering how reliable the RAC are. I reported the breakdown online and was given an half hour time slot. That’s already half an hour overdue and I’ve had no messages, phone calls or updates from the RAC.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Participant

Fantastic service he was at my bungalow in 30 mins and put a new battery in my toyota Chr that was the old model I now have the new model

Participant

They texted me and the rac man phoned me

Phaedra
                Participant

@FiestaRed

Ring them using the Motability number and get confirmation someone is coming out, 0800 73 111 73

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Oscarmax
                  Participant

Unfortunately we found RAC to be useless, a few years ago despite informing them it is a mobility car, they kept us waiting for hours stranded, then phone to say they are experiencing high volumes and cannot give us a time.

FiestaRed
                    Participant

By way of an update, all is well now. The RAC man arrived a little later the time slot they gave me and after running a few diagnostic checks, he started the car. Then ran a few more diagnostics and declared the battery was shot.

Apart from being slightly late, the man who turned up was brilliant. Kept me informed as to what he was doing and finally left after replacing the battery and checking everything was OK.

Something he did say, was that in all his seven years with the RAC, mine was only the second Toyota he’d been called out to. Not sure why I’m moving to Renault.

Rich44
                      Participant

That’s was lucky every experience with the RAC has been 3 hour plus waits then they just say dealer only and give up.

Glad you got a happy ending and you were only stuck at home

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.