Easter Sunday what are you doing ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I’ve been invited to my nieces she cooking lamb and mint sauce my sister and brother in law will be there as will her husband and children she cooked a magnificent Xmas dinner on Xmas day .  I will have a spiced rum and Coke and now and again glance at my phone to see if any early Q2 prices are revealed ! She only lives 15 mins away so not far to drive

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

We usually go to Cornwall for Easter week with extended family, but Easter is a bit early this year so we decided against it. Lamb dinner on Sunday followed by a Top Gear special and Battle Of Britain on the TV.

Participant

Cooking a mutant turkey, a leg of lamb that must have taken steroids and half a cow to feed the hoards of in-laws the wife has invited, then attempting to stop her giving away all my best booze before eventually falling asleep on the sofa!

kezo
          Participant

Cooking a mutant turkey, a leg of lamb that must have taken steroids and half a cow to feed the hoards of in-laws the wife has invited, then attempting to stop her giving away all my best booze before eventually falling asleep on the sofa!

🤣🤣

I’m going church, repent my sins and by the time I have done that dinner will be over and it will be a sausage butty for tea!

Participant

🤣🤣 I’m going church, repent my sins and by the time I have done that dinner will be over and it will be a sausage butty for tea!

😂

If this year turns out anything like last did then I’ll need to be doing all my repenting on the Monday after, usually accompanied by a week in the doghouse due to not being able to bite my tongue about what I think of a few of the in-laws! 😂

DumfriesDik
              Participant

Having left the lamb in the car from the Friday shop, I’m going back to the farm shop for another rolled shoulder of lamb. The most expensive easter ever!!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Participant

Having left the lamb in the car from the Friday shop, I’m going back to the farm shop for another rolled shoulder of lamb. The most expensive easter ever!!

Oh dear! 🙁

Participant

Like a dutiful husband I got up at 7am this morning to put the turkey in the oven but that’s it now as far as my involvement in the cooking side of things until I get called in to start carving the different joints. Both ovens are on and there are some lovely smells coming from the kitchen but I’m playing the good host to our visitors whilst occasionally having a look in here and also hoping to be able to sneak into the study to have a look at how the footy is going on.

Happy Easter all!

Participant

I installed a new outside light for the front of the house and now I’m sitting puffing and panting as it was (if I’m honest) beyond me.  Next (after the breathing settles) is a new ceiling light in my sons bedroom and a new ceiling light in the bathroom.

1 out of 3 down, who knows how long for the other 2…. My stubborn only gets me so far….

On a side note, if I ever find out who decided it was a good idea to coat the lower half of the exterior walls with razor sharp flint fragments in some kind of stucco wall coating, I may well break my 20+ year record of not knocking anyone on their backsides….

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.