DWP UPDATE

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Georgie 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #113936 Reply

file28
    Participant

received an update on our pip claim this morning

because of the covid 19 outbreak we have suspended new claims for pip from claimants who are getting dla .we will continue to pay dla as normal you dont need to do anything or contact us unless you need to tell us about any changes we will send you a letter with more information shortly

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  file28.

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #113943 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I wonder when all the transition from DLA to PIP will be put to bed not, withstanding under 16’s, because I made the transition in 2017 and thought I must have been one of the last but I still see claims now.

Wasn’t the transitions supposed to finish around 2016-2017? I know there late but this must be costing a lot more money than they hoped to save, but then HS2, say no more.😁

#113949 Reply

solent60
    Participant

I wonder when all the transition from DLA to PIP will be put to bed not, withstanding under 16’s, because I made the transition in 2017 and thought I must have been one of the last but I still see claims now. Wasn’t the transitions supposed to finish around 2016-2017? I know there late but this must be costing a lot more money than they hoped to save, but then HS2, say no more.

Well… not wanting to tempt fate; I still receive DLA and have done for around 25-years (which I use towards my vehicle). The DWP are well past their deadline of transferring us all to PIP. Due to Covid, I think it will be at least several more months before they get around to reviewing me – the very last of the DLA recipients.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  JS.
    #113950 Reply

Georgie

PIP was intended to save £2 billion.  It has, so far, cost £4 billion to implement.  It is currently running at a £2 billion loss.

HS2 was supposed to cost £56 billion.  It’s currently costed at £106 billion.  Future projections – I’m sorry, there doesn’t seem to be an ‘infinity’ symbol on my keyboard.

#113951 Reply

mike

I made the transition from DLA to PIP in 2019, having claimed DLA from 2012. The award they gave me under PIP was 10 years. However under DLA I had a lifetime award. Does this mean my life will end in 2029?

#113954 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

I’m sorry, there doesn’t seem to be an ‘infinity’ symbol on my keyboard.

How to type an infinity symbol (∞) using the keyboard:

On Windows (10) – hold the ALT key and type 236 on the ‘num lock’ keypad.

On a mac – Hold the Option key and press 5

It is more complicated on an iPhone as you have to make a keyboard shortcut.

Being a scientist in my day job I have to use the symbol quite regularly!

#113956 Reply

Saintsman

@file28

I suppose the DWP could say…….

They’ll tell you black is really white
    The moon is just the sun at night
    And when you walk in golden halls
    You get to keep the gold that falls

#113958 Reply

Georgie

Thanks, BigDave.  I shall go and play . . .

#113966 Reply

File28

@Saintsman

Another sabbath lover

#113972 Reply

Saintsman

Yeah, saw them with Ozzy in ’78 with Van Halen in support. Saw them again during the Heaven and Hell tour.

#113999 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

Same here saintsman saw them in 78 at Hammersmith odeon was a big sabbath fan in my youth.

I have a 10 year pip award since 2016 but had a paper review in January this year.

Tiguan fan boy

#114029 Reply

Saintsman

Great times back then Phil, most of the bands playing in 2/3000 seater halls so you always felt close to them. I took my son to see Deep Purple a few years ago at the Wembley Arena the atmosphere wasn’t the same.

#114056 Reply

File28

Always preferred the smaller venues

We had Deeside leisure centre close by and Stafford Bingley hall

Ac/dc maiden priest rainbow sabbath quo whitesnake lizzy to name a few

#114057 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

I saw Quo at Stafford Bingley Hall which was basically a cow shed.

#114065 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

A bit off topic now I know but I’ve been to massive concerts that are fantastic and smaller ones that are dives, it depends on who you see and the way it’s been organised.

Tiguan fan boy

#114085 Reply

Saintsman

I saw Iron Maiden in Malvern as a support band, funny I can’t remember who was the headline, the venue wasn’t much bigger than a church hall.

Apparently where I live now had all the big bands in the 60’s. Older residents remember Roger Daltrey buying chips in the local chippy.

#114098 Reply

TonyD

@georgie .. another option for the infinity symbol is to copy and paste what BigDave put.. ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

All you have to do then is remember where this thread is.

#114100 Reply

Matthew

File 28 so would that of been AC/DC with Bon scott

#114105 Reply

File28

Unforetunately not but it was the first uk tour with Brian Johnson

#114110 Reply

Matthew

Would of loved to of seen ac/dc with Bon , I have seen them with Brian they were brilliant to watch live, but Bon still my fav

#114118 Reply

Georgie

Fond memories of the Hammersmith Odeon.  Jethro Tull in ’84 (standing at the back), Jethro Tull ’87 and ’89 (progressively closer to the front as I earned more money 😉 ) Hothouse Flowers, Faith No More . . .

Though my real stomping ground was the Marquee – Wardour Street edition (too many to list) – lots of smaller bands, but Asia (John Payne period) was my favourite.  The Cellar in Oxford was my local.  Favourite Band, seen many, many times – Dumpy’s Rusty Nuts.

“Box Hill, Box Hill, Here I come.

I ain’t happy ’til I’ve reached a ton.

A cup of tea and a greasy dog –

I’m happy when I’m riding my Hog!

I’m happy when I’m riding my Hog!”

😀

Happy Days.

#114119 Reply

file28
    Participant

i remember seeing dumpy with hawkwind at the tivoli in Buckley doc martins and a tutu  nice look

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#114120 Reply

file28
    Participant

i think we have gone right off topic here a bit like a certain donald trump

#114122 Reply

Saintsman

I was luck enough to see them in Reading in ’76 with Bon.

#114123 Reply

Georgie

Good band for a stamp-along.  I read the other day the The Cellar has finally closed/been closed down.  Ever-extending Rent haggles plus enforced audience capacity reduction – from 150 to 60 – finally killed it.  No doubt it will be ‘redeveloped’ into another bloody wine bar or something.

#114124 Reply

Georgie

“No  doubt it will be ‘redeveloped’ into another bloody wine bar or something.”

Or premium price Student Accommodation.  Location Location Location – Who needs windows?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: DWP UPDATE

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: