During Lockdown I…….

• Creator
    Topic
  • #136688 Reply
    JS

what did you do ?

ive heard on the news various people learning a new language or knitting and some random things.

amongst other things through the use of Google Earth and YouTube ive visited places ive not been before, settling in Montenegro and driving the towns and villages via Street view, im still on my Journey and learnt so much along the way.  Hence

During Lockdown I…..

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136702 Reply
    joss

Well I have done a couple of things.

1. Is to explore our canal network, via YouTube and Foxes afloat.

2.I have a love of Gem stones. Especially Sapphires. So I am currently In Ruby vale, Queensland. I am currently following a Sapphire miner Called Tim on his underground claim.

3. An other one is my interest in Wooden boat building. So of to America to join Steve and Alex, the builders of Acorn To Arabella. I have watch these two from cutting the trees down to build the boat.

There are a few others but these are my main things I follow in lockdown.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136705 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, I must have done something to fill up lockdown time. Haven’t had a spare moment, certainly not since Mrs T’s emergencies. Before (and now for that matter) so much time is spent trying to get supermarket deliveries/collections and then trying to order the stuff I want. It really took up less time when I could go to the shops two or three times a week, including the drive to-and-from!

Joss, the building of the Arabella looks an absolute joy. Ketch-rigged yes? And a fair size too. My experience with boats includes quite a lot with powered vessels, from big passenger pleasure boats on the Thames to small fast things on the Med’. Not much under sail, sadly. It’s an art I’d like to know more of. Bet the Arabella will go beautifully. (Pouring their own lead keel… wow!)

#136716 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Well I shall be watching the ladies world championship bowls on tv this week

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#136718 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yes, of course – with the aid of Joss, I have started to become a bit Tekkie. Had to in order to choose and use new computer. However, as one who is deeply into music of all types, I wanted to know more about digital, on-demand music that you can get by streaming. So, with new found confidence in things electronic, went and found out about it. It really is awfully clever, isn’t it?

I still use my stereo system, particularly for playing vinyl, the sound is so much more natural. But I can now send stuff to it from laptop and tablet. Actually managed to discover the nature of Bluetooth and use it to play whatever I want anywhere in the house.

The choice available online is quite amazing, even on the cheap Amazon service. Particularly good to listen to artist or work you have not listened to before.

#136725 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Tharg I have 2 music systems with 40 year old Nad components QED speaker cables Tannoy Mercury speakers atacama stands etc sounds amazing I adore music I listen to my pure dab tuner for Radio 2 sound is out of this world with my digital Ariel

#136726 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Here is my lounge system 

#136763 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Lockdown , Locked up and Locked in ,it’s so boring we all say
    We’re fed up with watching paint dry and not going out to play
    It’s driving us crazy and we all feel like making for it ‘a run’
    Clinically Vulnerable even oldies we may be but not too old to have us some fun

And as that vaccine did unexpectedly arrive
    It now means that us old folk can sneak away & drive
    As fast as our all terrain Mobility scooters will go
    At a heady 8 mph with foot flat on the floor

Why, cause boredom is as unhealthy as the Virus we all say
    And life’s too short anyway not to laugh & not to play
    So’s let’s have us some fun again , even if it ‘s just the one time
    I’m looking forward to being too shattered to finish this damned rhyme

Mike

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#136787 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

It’s so boring being in lockdown!

So I looked for a way to keep my self occupied, and I ended up swopping sweet wrappers around.

The wife wasn’t too impressed however , she got her Snickers in a Twist!

#136807 Reply
    joss

Lol Mike.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136808 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

I climbed up Ben Nevis on Google earth street view.

#136809 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Thanks J

should have said Twix?

#136849 Reply
    bobscot

Played far too much online texas holdem. Over 6 months I turned a £20 deposit into £460 then instead of withdrawing cash I got over-confident and lost the lot in 30 mins lol . Thankfully her indoors has no idea of my blowout or I would get nagged to death. Moved on to playing cribbage for now and no more gambling!

#136976 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Menorca Mike That looks a nice stereo setup you have there. Here’s a snap of mine.

The speakers/amp and pre-amp are made by Quad. Amps living in the base of the speaker and eliminating the need for a couple more boxes. They stand on a pair of old, not-working speakers just to get them up to the right height. Deck is a very simple Marantz which nevertheless play beautifully. Cassette deck is a near-broadcast quality (voice) bought second hand and the CD player I got for £5 in a charity shop. The CD is actually very good because it outputs digital data and I can let the Quad’s excellent digital analogue converter do the work. I can also plug in a tablet or laptop by  wire or through a Bluetooth receiver. Laptop on wire is near CD quality.

#136977 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Very nice Tharg music is lovely to listen to and relax in these terrible times

#140928 Reply
    aayanbray
    Participant

I used to watch movies, play guitar and play games like Overall, I had a great time during this lockdown. so I can’t really complain.

• This reply was modified 13 hours, 58 minutes ago by joss. Reason: remove gambling link
    #140948 Reply
    Georgie

I’ve absolutely mastered ‘The Sims’ 3.  Astronaut, President of the Free World, Master Criminal, bought the biggest house, owned the fastest car – I’ve done it all.  My Life is complete.

I also read a lot.  Some people might know that. 🙂

Had to give up (yet again) on learning Latin.  I have to write things long hand for them to stick and I just can’t sit at the table long enough now.  Tried various lap tables and such, but they’re nowhere near big enough for all the open books I need to use.

Thinking of thinking of writing a book.  Maybe.  Did a lot of research for a post-grad paper I never got to write (about possible/probable causes of ‘The Bronze Age Collapse in the Eastern Mediterranean and Resultant Effects on Trade and Culture’), and quite a lot of it could be recycled with a bit of imagination and a favourable wind . . .  It would need a snappier title, though!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: During Lockdown I…….
Your information: