Disabled dating app?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #139753 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

@wmcforum, now you have a few years of providing this excellent site have you considered starting a dating app predominantly for the disabled?

We hear every now and again of members sadly losing a partner and i thought there could be another arm to this site dealing with putting people together who may be in similar circumstances.

What do you think?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #139927 Reply
    machoco

Sounds like an awful idea.

Better to be outside in the world and get to know someone naturally with time not forced ‘match making’

Screams desperation.

Most under 50s still have the will to not be alone but its nothing to be worried about in the end.

#139947 Reply
    Brydo

An app is only an aid to meeting people in the real world, a short cut if you like. Meeting people, liking the look of them and then have the courage to approach them, not knowing what they think of you, is difficult.

An app allows you to see who is looking to meet someone, on the market so to speak. Find out a bit about them, likes dislikes, hobbies etc before deciding wether to meet up.

I am not disabled but I assume having a disability could make it more difficult to do the above.

#140074 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Brydo, MrsW would be the first to point out that there are no disabled people – only people with a disability.

Why would anyone with a disability want to be identified by their disability by using your proposed app, and restricting themselves to meeting others with a disability.  I think it’s an appaling idea.

Have you asked MrsBrydo what she thinks?

#140085 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m not mentioning the words lovely ladies

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#140086 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo first dates tonight 10 pm channel 4

#140093 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Way way off topic Menorca Mike.

#140095 Reply
    Brydo

Wigwam it would not be restricted to those with disabilities, anyone could use it, but as some have pointed out to me, being a carer, “you don’t understand what its like to be disabled”. So on that basis I assumed it would be great to be able to share time with those in a similar position to themselves.

It is clear, from the comments so far, that its not the case, so we move on to my next, yet to be thought of, brilliant idea lol.

#140096 Reply
    Brydo

Mike I will tune in tonight.

#140098 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Keep ’em coming Brydo, keep ’em coming…

#140100 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Mike I will tune in tonight.

Brydo we are in for a treat it says in my TV guide a beautiful female brick layer on tonight ! Sorry to go off topic wigwam but I know me and Brydo enjoy this show it’s kind of like love island imho

#140106 Reply
    Brydo

Just had a quick look on-line and someone has got there before us, “Abled love” is a dating site predominantly for those with disabilities.

Maybe it wasn’t such a terrible idea after all.

@wmcforum
    maybe you could give them some competition and make a few Bob in the process.

#140107 Reply
    Brydo

Looking forward to it Mike.

#140246 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo did you watch first dates last night ? I thought India was gorgeous her smile was amazing I can’t believe he didn’t want to see her again !

#140251 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

May I kindly suggest that you create a new topic to discuss these shows?  Recent posts here are nothing to do with the subject matter of the header.

#140253 Reply
    Brydo

Mike I didn’t but I’ve recorded it so I will have a look at it tonight.

While we’re at it do you have any other TV gems that you watch?

#140257 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Ok Brydo I didn’t like the brick laying princess you will see what I ,wan when you watch it

#140283 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Be back with my views tomorrow Mike.

#140284 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Brydo, please don’t. You are responding to my posts elsewhere but ignoring my polite request here.  No one wants to keep opening this topic to read a new post to find it’s you two having a conversation about TV shows.  Please start a new topic.

#140290 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Dont think anyone is bothering with this thread anymore wigwam so why are you?

#140298 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Well, therein lies the problem Brydo – it’s all about you and what you think.

#140300 Reply
    Brydo

Really wigwam.

#140306 Reply
    Brydo

You see someone has posted on a thread that has become controversial and you are disappointed there is no controversy for you to feed off and it’s all about me.

You need to have a good look in the mirror.

#140307 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

With great respect Brydo, you probably need a lie-down.  You are not making sense.

#140369 Reply
    ajn

Wow

#140385 Reply
    Brydo

Some things never change ajn, however if your looking for a date you’ve came to the right place lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Disabled dating app?
Your information: